bat & ps1 don't work

Most likely not, but quite likely your Windows registry is damaged and the File association for these (or some file types associations) is missing.
Repair the registry and these file types will recognized and they will work again as should.
Such a problem happens sometimes, on old and slow computers often, on new and fast computers rarely, usually if there have been some other problems before thisone.
Typically missing html, vbs, wsf, bat, cmd and js, others are rarely missing.

The test PC I'm using right now is freshly formatted with Windows 10. It is expected to work OK with the anti-virus and rest of our standard background services. But so far almost nothing is installed on it. So it is still fast, and I don't think it stayed long enough to experience any system corruption.

As far as the associations are concerned, I tried creating and deleting local users, putting and removing users from the Admin using ps1, and stopping and disabling SysMain. They all went just as expected every single time I tried.

You made me suspected the directory service.

I reformatted the PC, didn't join it to the domain and tested the bat and ps1 files again. They didn't work!

Anyone can help?

@aimo3
Don't you want to explain what this sentence means - "and I tested the bat and ps1 files again. They didn't work!"?
What scripts do they have, what do they need to do?
Does the script not run at all or does it start but does not perform the specified tasks?
It is still completely unclear what your real problem is.
You may have a script that isn't working, maybe some settings are incorrect or not appropriate. However, it is very unlikely that there is any connection to your computer or hard drive, in other words, reformatting the drive may not help you.
Maybe you publish these scripts? And also the error messages you get.

Sure I do: some of the reg file applies and some doesn't.
Click on the link in my OP.
The scrip run but the reg files doesn't get imported properly.
What kind of problem you're looking for? I want my reg file to be imported fully with scripts like that, and this is not happening. You sound to me annoyed, are you?
The 2 PCs that I tested on are both completely taking the settings if I run the reg file on their own. But with the scripts, they don't.
The scrips are published as stated above.

Vot can't find any links anywhere, so I can only assume there's may be a problem with the script.
Another problem that may be is that maybe there is a problem with the rights to make changes. You may not have permissions to make changes or to save changes.
I can't think of anything more or else.

Back
Top Bottom