Barebone kits for games and programming

vaironl

In Runtime
Hello community,

I'm an inexperience computer builder ( no experience at all), and while I have some basic understanding about computer parts, I do not know which barebone kits would be "best-fit" for me.

A friend recommended me to buy barebone kits on tiger direct, and while browsing I see low prices and good stuff. Now I see that these kits do not bring a monitor, could someone advise me on what else should I be looking for that might be missing in these kits for example a cable/fan/etc?

So now to the meat of this search. I will be doing programming on the Android platform which my computer supports but with screen lag and I cannot do many high level graphics operations. I will soon be doing OpenGL projects which I believe require some good graphics card. These are not my only reasons, on my free time I will be playing high graphics video games like Battle Field 3, Assassins Creed, and hopefully new games which have some good graphics.

My budget is, $500. I now this is very low but if there is anything in the vicinity which meets my needs please tell me.

Thank you for the answers.

For a Graphics card I recommend a minimum of a AMD Radeon 6770, as AMD are more affordable and cheaper, and I think, better.

Back
Top Bottom