Banning raves in Los Angeles? T&O?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if anyone from here loves techno and or lives in California, then I am pretty sure you have heard about that girl that OD'd at a rave in Los Angeles, right? Whats your thoughts on this? Banning a lifestyle that has been evolving since the disco age (70s) and not much has changed, except the music being played. I believe its completely unfair that they have the right to ban raves just because of what happens there. What about other types of concerts? Rock? Metal? RAP? they can't LEGALLY just ban ONE and let the other stay unregulated. Either ban them all and get a mass objection from the public or leave it alone. How about instead of BANNING raves, why not enforce greater security? Higher ticket prices? Come on, increase ticket prices (less drugs) tax the tickets (good for the economy) better security (less problems). But better than all of that, what if people who went just used common sense? Or maybe sign a contract upon entering the "rave" that states that they are 100% liable to self inflicted bodily injury, either internal or external via misconduct or drug abuse? Not one person forced her to take the drugs, she did so by her own choice. I think some of the people that attend these events, not just from attending them myself, but from living with them, don't use common sense. Evolution gave us brains TO AVOID killing ourselves. If it has a chance to kill you AND is also against the law, don't you think that it shouldn't be done? Instead of popping a pill or shooting up, have a beer! or maybe some liquor... Either way, the problem isn't the venue, its the lack of common sense some of the people that attend not just this event, but all events, posses.

Thoughts and opionions people? I know I am not alone.

Been to loads of raves and a "real rave" has been illegal here in Texas (and i believe the states) for quite some time due to what goes on at them.

ODing happens all the time though. I dont see what the big deal is.

Rock concerts are worse people get stabbed and crap. people are so cool with total blood and guts but noooooo drugs are the devil. **** I tried a few and it was nothing. people just hate on the rave scene becuase we are different then the mainstream songs crowds. the mainstream songs crowds are boring and we are awesome and we are much more aware of things. the mainstream music crowds are all about fitting in and we are about embracing ourselves and doing our own things. they have no problem with these rapping gangbangers and examples where teenage pregnancy is frickin glorified!!!!

I think the biggest thing with them is the ease that drugs can be had, and the idea that they are relatively harmless.

Oh, every gandra of music thinks theyre different, and the others are boring.

Its the fact that most likely death rates in raves are higher then the normal average concert. So they are trying to protect people by banning them. Should they be banned? i don't know...but at least like you said, a little more control on the substances that enter them, more security, etc.

I dont see how doing drugs is worse than people beating the **** outa each other in a mosh pit. Ever been to a Slayer concert mosh? I have and the one i went to a guy came outa the mosh smiling with a big gaping hole in his head. He died an hour later in the ECU room.

^Like i said, the death rate is most likely higher. Why else would the do it... As well, physical injury is easier to fix then drug related injuries.

Seattles reason was a psycho killing people including my cousins best friend.. It only takes one person to ruin a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom