Banned "Hoon" Teacher Trying To Get Job Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Banned teacher Alf Hickey battles to get his job back | National News | News.com.au
Banned teacher Alf Hickey battles to get his job back

* Teacher banned for tailgating bus, swearing
* Hoping to have ban overturned
* "Abso-friggin-lutely" a good teacher

A "HOON" teacher banned for tailgating a school bus, swearing at children and allowing students to stand on tables says he deserves another chance to front a classroom.

Alf Hickey, 36, hopes to overturn a Victorian Institute of Teaching ban through the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal on Tuesday.

Mr Hickey, a woodwork teacher, was deregistered in February over a long list of bizarre behaviour during a six-month stint at Vermont Secondary College in 2007, the Sunday Herald Sun reports.

A VIT hearing found Mr Hickey turned up 90 minutes late on his first day, left classes unsupervised and said "f---" when yelling at students.

It also found Mr Hickey let students stand on tables in class, did not call in sick when he failed to arrive and tailgated a school bus on a year 9 camp to Phillip Island. Mr Hickey admitted to the Sunday Herald Sun doing "wheelies" in a school car park and that a colleague had called him a "hoon" over his driving on the school camp.

But Mr Hickey said he did not do anything wrong, despite saying at the time there was "so much dust the bus driver could not have seen us".

"If I'm a hoon, they are a bunch of goons," he said.

Mr Hickey said he was "abso-friggin-lutely" a good teacher.

"If you outshine people when you come to a school, people will try to knock you down," he said.

The VIT panel has allowed Mr Hickey to reapply for his registration at any time.

But Mr Hickey said the VCAT action was a separate matter to clear his reputation.

VIT would not comment.

Let me see if I have this correct - tailgating a schoolbus, doing burnouts in a school carpark, swearing at kids in his classroom, leaving the kids unsupervised and letting the kids do dangerous things (ie standing on tables)...

Why could i get a teacher like that?

Seriosly... a teacher is setting the wrong example to the students and should be ban. I think he going to be better off friding another line of work like a trades person.

Heh, his *** won't get a decent job now other than working at mcdonalds on 11 hour shift on minimum wage.
If any Job interviewer or human resource department were to read everything that went down with this idiot, he aint getting no job anytime soon.

What they actually fired a teacher?!

THIS IS AMAZING!

I read some article not long back (over the summer I think) about how newyork has like thousands of teachers on the payroll but they sit at an empty building because they can't fire them, but they also aren't allowed to be at the school. So they have to pay them their full salary but they can't fire them over the stupid teacher unions. They said some where even placed there for things such as sexual abuse against the children...but yet they still can't fire them :|

but yea..teacher's like that shouldn't be allowed near a school

I read some article not long back (over the summer I think) about how newyork has like thousands of teachers on the payroll but they sit at an empty building because they can't fire them, but they also aren't allowed to be at the school. So they have to pay them their full salary but they can't fire them over the stupid teacher unions. They said some where even placed there for things such as sexual abuse against the children...but yet they still can't fire them :|

Sounds like what happens to teachers when they are put under investigation. I know some one who had that happen to them for some minor issue. He made one comment on some 2 student on his live journal account. He did not name any names, but if you where there at the time, you would of known who he was talking about. Anyways, a group of angry parents desided to make a mountain out of a mole hill on this case.
So he has to spend the next 2 week in a department office getting paided to do nothing (or atleast not much) while he was under investigation.

However this other guy should not be allowed back.

Reminds me somewhat of my old english teacher a few years back who got sacked for selling Weed and cigarettes to everyone after school on the corner of a nearby street :p We were about 13 at the time.

I liked him though, didn't make us work and always showed us some of his rapping each lesson.

Btw, thats not even a joke ^ ^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom