Bang for Your Buck Water Cooling

Iontheable

In Runtime
Ok guys, I am helping a friend build a super computer this month, its primary functions will be benching and gaming.

Just to give you an idea of the build we've decided to go with:

i7 975
EVGA's Classified
12GB Cosair Dominator DDR3 1600
Black Pearl Case
GTX 260 OC'd (Until GTX300's)
1200w PCPower and Cooling PSu

Now with those components in mind, what water cooling setups could any of you suggest? We will be planning on doing some serious overclocking on this box, so we are looking for a quality kit, we need the 'sweet-spot' kit.

Thanks for Any Input
(will post pics later this month:))

Ok guys, I am helping a friend build a super computer this month, its primary functions will be benching and gaming.

Just to give you an idea of the build we've decided to go with:

i7 975
EVGA's Classified
12GB Cosair Dominator DDR3 1600
Black Pearl Case
GTX 260 OC'd (Until GTX300's)
1200w PCPower and Cooling PSu

Now with those components in mind, what water cooling setups could any of you suggest? We will be planning on doing some serious overclocking on this box, so we are looking for a quality kit, we need the 'sweet-spot' kit.

Thanks for Any Input
(will post pics later this month:))

1200w is way overkill unless he plans on getting 3 video cards to run in tri-SLI or tri-Fire, the efficiency of the psu may actually suffer from not having enough load on it...

now if he wants it just to brag about having a 1200w psu, then yeah, flex that e-pene and go for it...

Originally two 285's were going to be thrown into the box, 1000w would have suffice, hell even 850 would be enough to get by I would imagine.

1200 is in place for the multiple GTX3xx that will be going in the box, the MOBO allows for tri-SLI..which we are not opting for, duals will be the way to go down the road.

I'm sure 1200w is fine.

About that cooling kit... ;)

Originally two 285's were going to be thrown into the box, 1000w would have suffice, hell even 850 would be enough to get by I would imagine.

1200 is in place for the multiple GTX3xx that will be going in the box, the MOBO allows for tri-SLI..which we are not opting for, duals will be the way to go down the road.

I'm sure 1200w is fine.

About that cooling kit... ;)

1200W is still overkill for dual GTX3xx SLI or HD 58xx xfire imo.

Back
Top Bottom