Bad Virus

straka91

Beta member
I recently clicked on a wrong link in google search and that site attacked me.(Dont remember the address). First my browser froze for a good 2 minutes then a ms removal had a little alert pop up warning me about harmful spyware. I do not recall ever having downloaded this program or it already being on my computer.

So 30 seconds later the ms removal tool scanner popped and scanned. I was a little suspect because the scan was a little too fast and came up with 35 viruses so I closed out of it. A minute later it popped up again and came up with the same number. I knew it was a virus so I started to run my BitDefender 2011.

About 5-10 minutes into the scan everything exits and my desktop went blue (the windows classic blue). I went down to see if my taskbar and start button they were still working. I tried opening BitDefender again but said some .exe(I didnt remember it) has an error and wont let BitDefender open. Okay so I tried to open Opera and google what the problem could be but it would not let me open it.

I shut it down by holding down the power button and get into safe mode with networking. I get BitDefender open (my laptop running at normal speeds no signs of trouble) and do a deep scan. It came up with 2 viruses. So I go back into the normal mode and the problem was still there.

I go back to safe mode with networking and download spybot search and destroy. It came up with with 1? adware and a pup, I click yes to have all the issues fixed. I then opened my ccleaner and have it clean up my registry because I thought there may have been a problem in there. 2 issues because of me deleting large files.

I go back to normal mode and its still there. So I go back to safe mode and google MS Removal Virus and nothing comes up but the actual program, on microsofts website. So I down load it and am currently doing the scan.

Anyone ever have this problem and no how to fix it? Sorry for the long post I just wanted to get all the detail down that I remembered.

Oh and there was another altert saying one of my pluggins on firefox is infected. It started with an O but I know I didnt install it or recognize it as a media pluggin.

Back
Top Bottom