Bad Virus is shutting down computer after boot

So I used the cmd "shutdown -a" and that worked for the computer to not shutdown. Thanks for that tip berry120.

I bought Norton Anti-virus with anti-spyware 2009 and ran a full system scan but it didn't find the virus because when I go to restart the computer it still tries to shut down the computer. What can I do? Did i waste my money with Norton?

I bought Norton Anti-virus with anti-spyware 2009

Dear God...

Did i waste my money with Norton?

Yes.

This
This
This

In that order.

You might as well uninstall Norton first. You'll never need it again with Avast. It's not really your fault; Norton is one of the crappiest AVs out there, but it's one of the most highly advertised. On every customer's computer that has come through my shop with virus problems, I've uninstalled it (or McAfee, another POS) and installed Avast. None have had problems since.

*FacePalm*
I seem to be face-palming a lot around here lately..

Conflicker does almost nothing (yet)
http://www.switched.com/2009/01/28/what-is-the-conflicker-virus-and-should-you-be-worried/

Funny that you should say that, because I worked on someones computer who had Anti Viral software that was the software the conflicker installs.

And what did it do? Well, first, tried to retrieve your credit card information (credit card fraud), extortion, and just annoyed the hell out of you while you were using the computer.

Oh, and it wouldn't let the computer boot after I tried removing it in safe mode.

Does nothing? Please.

Edit
----
I forgot. *facepalm* lol.

Back
Top Bottom