bad ping

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
okay so my internet is always acting up with ping the speed goes up and down up and down then finally reaches the max at the end of the test, and the pings high all the time, do you know what exactly it is? =D my internet runs at about 8k

First off. Are you trying to test your speed to a certain website, because that isn't a good way to do it? You understand that ping is used just to make sure that the machine on the other end is there.

As for why the ping time is going up and down, that is most likely do to the latency or the minimum amount of time that it takes for the very small ping packet to go from your computer to the host, then back again. There are many reasons for this and I am not going to list them all. But some of the most common reasons are: Firewalls, network card speeds, and modem speeds.

Here is a website that explains Ping in more detail: http://www.numion.com/faq/ping.html

I hope that this helps a little bit.

Cheers

thanks, and yeah my internet runs high speeds but i ping high to every server on any game/ website speed tester =D

Back
Top Bottom