Azureus Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha, someone actually told me that since it's recorded off the TV and stuff it's "legal"... not TOTALLY sure, but that's my story. When i was caught by comcast they never replied to my statement of "is it ok to download recorded series". www.tvtorrents.com :)

@talldude - i already had a lot of them from my ol' friend gnutella

tommyboy123x said:
How To

* Azureus will resume BitTorrent partials however they started, as long as the downloaded data are present on your hard disk drive (HDD).

1. Make sure you have the exact .torrent file of what you were downloading.
2. Make sure you know the exact location of the partial on your HDD.
3. Open the .torrent in Azureus via (this is very important) File -> Open -> .Torrent File (No Default Save)
4. When asked where to save the file, point it to your partials.
5. Wait. It will take a few minutes to check the data.

* IMPORTANT NOTE: If Azureus tells you a file of the same name already exists and asks you if you wish to overwrite, click "Cancel". If you overwrite, you would erase the partial data you had downloaded. You would have to restart from the beginning. When you "cancel," Azureus restarts the download without overwriting your old data. You probably did something wrong; do the above steps again. (There seems no way to avoid this dialog on MacOS X; it may have something to do with the way Apple implements file dialogs in their Java code. See "Known issues" below for a workaround.)
* When bringing partials from Windows NTFS partitions to a Linux partition, set the file permissions so you can read and write on the partials.
* For BitComet partials: Before resuming a torrent started with BitComet, remove the .bc! extension from every file. This also applies to other torrent clients which append an extension to the partial files.

When correctly done:

* The percentage completed of the torrent rises quickly while Azureus checks data integrity. Check the torrent tab or the floating progress bar if you have it open. Floating progress bars may be toggled via Tools -> Options -> Interface -> Auto Open Download Bar.)

* You may see very high CPU and HDD activity during data-check. Disk access (starting programs, etc.) may be very slow.

* If the tracker is offline, the download will not resume. Simply wait for the tracker to come back online.

thank god..... i was a little uneasy to restart it that way, because bit comet, or the version i used, would just overwrite if you did that

thanks!

I have kind of the same problem as tommyboy123x. My hard drive crashed while i was downloading a torrent. I have recovered the files, but they are in a new directory now.
I followed all the steps above and it didn't work. It checks the files and my cpu goes way up, but after it does that it shows that it is 0% done.
I don't know what to do. If nobody knows how to fix this i will just unselect the files that downloaded completely and start downloading again. This is a very big download also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom