Azureus a virus?

Toby1

Daemon Poster
This pretty much explains the situation...

Although, I think it's false posative by Nod32. Because I have installed Azureus before with no problems. And I even did a scan of the actual "Azureus.exe" file itself (in C:/Program Files/Azureus), Nod32 said it wasn't a virus.

Note: Does this when downloading from IE, FF and Opera.

Just weird, thought some people might like to know.

mammikoura

Golden Master
well there shouldn't be any virus in Azureus, but if u are downloading it from some other place than the official one then there could always be some spyware/adware etc.

lhuser

Golden Master
I got something similar from Windows Live Messenger with a Newheur Virus. I highly doubt it's that case for you.

alvino

Golden Master
It's probably from what you're downloading or something. I use BitComet and it never comes up with that.

Toby1

Daemon Poster
alvino said:
It's probably from what you're downloading or something. I use BitComet and it never comes up with that.
I'm not sure what you mean... I'm downloading the Azureus program itself (from download.com), not a torrent. That's why I find it weird that Nod32 thinks it's a virus. It never used to. Maybe I'll download it from the official Azureus site and see what happens.

I've switched to UTorrent now anyway...

No virus, and it's better. :)

PerfectSK

Daemon Poster
Weird, never heard of that before. I don't think the file has any viruses though. if it's hosted by download.com. Try downloading using a different file manager like Free Download Manager and see if it still comes up.

alvino

Golden Master
Toby said:
I'm not sure what you mean... I'm downloading the Azureus program itself (from download.com), not a torrent. That's why I find it weird that Nod32 thinks it's a virus. It never used to. Maybe I'll download it from the official Azureus site and see what happens.

I've switched to UTorrent now anyway...

No virus, and it's better. :)
You downloaded it from Download.com? Haha, I remember when the Spybot: Search and Destroy 3.0 they had was actually spyware and it cause quite a stir. :p

Yeah, uTorrent is probably THE best Windows BitTorrent client out. It has such a small foot print and hardly uses ANY resources. I'm using BitComet because I'm too lazy to install and uninstall anything else, so yeah. :p