Averatec laptop - general computer question

mrsfreeze06

Beta member
I have an old Averatec laptop 6100 series that I think im going to sell. I have removed all games, pictures and programs that had been added over the years. I deleted everything I could find that was not on the computer when I purchased it in 2005.
However, the computer is SLOW to start up and kind of slow in general. Is this because it is an old computer or is there something that can be done to make it faster?
Im not looking to spend any $ on it to make it faster b/c Im just trying to get rid of though.

Thanks,

Katie

Reinstall windows if you still have the discs for it.

Or you could use Active Kill Disk (free). It writes over the hard drive with 1's and 0's to make sure that everything you had on the hard drive is erased. This is a better option if you are going to sell the computer so you make sure that none of your sensitive material is still on the pc. Then just sell it as a pc without an operating system. I used that program when I sold my desktop a few years back and it worked well, takes a little time to run the program though.

I'd use DBAN, or Active Kill disk, as Tommy Boy said. If you plan to sell it without an OS, make sure you mention that it has an OS license.

If you reinstall Windows, make sure you DBAN the disk first. If you don't, it'll be very easy to recover all your data.

Back
Top Bottom