Average Temp of WD Caviar's

EricM

Daemon Poster
Well I am using Everest Ultimate Edition to monitor temps on my computer, and it is reporting my 250gb wester digital caviar at 50-55 degrees celcius under load! I think this is rather on the hot side as i think the operating temp for wd's normally are at 55 degrees? So i was just wondering what is an average temp of a wd caviar underload? and if anyoen could recommened any free programs that monitor hd temps so i could varify this temp reading on everest.

I have a maxtor drive and it's at 45C under load. And to me the 45C already sounds like too hot. Never had a wd before, but I'd try to see if there is something you could do about the temps since they are quite high.

get a hdd cooler , or ghetto rig some fans upside down under the hdd , also do you have two or more hdd's close together

get a hdd cooler , or ghetto rig some fans upside down under the hdd , also do you have two or more hdd's close together

Some HDDs coolers will in fact raise the temps.

Refering to your Temps on your HDD how old is it? IS there a fan infront of it? Do you have lots of HDDs in your case?

HDDS are rated between 0 and 60 i've had HDDs go above this on me, no problem. My HDDs tend to load at 32. Depends on case too...

its the only hd in the case and their is a 120mm fan in the front bay of the case thats blowing over the hd but it was a stock fan that came with the case so im getting another fan with a higher airflow to see if that helps. i do not have a hd cooler on it but i am going to purchase one to see if it helps or not. this hdd is less than a year old. it usually idles at 45-50 degrees. im trying to find a good hdd temp monitor program to verify this reading. anyone know of a good one to use?

I used hdd health once, didn't really like it so much. Has temps + some other stuff about the hdd.

Back
Top Bottom