Average Life??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerdrude

In Runtime
Average life of a non oc'ing computer to a oc'd computer

(just post how long they have lasted you, ill average everyones, i know theres gonna be it differs and stuff)

I havent had mine very long. But i know after every 2 years i'll be upgrading. So i dont worry about that stuff. They last long though.

Yeah, like Codeine said, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Chances are that you'll upgrade before your processor dies, and if you don't, then it'll be a very long time. When you think about it, people have computers that they bought in 1998 still... my grandparents have a very old one, like '95 or in there somewhere? That means if it isn't overclocked, old processors should last for around 10 or so years, right? Not sure the maximum time that it'll last. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Considering a CPU has an estimated lifespan of a couple million hours, I really don't think you have a concern.

wow... that even impresses me. I'd be willing to bet it is more likely that your motherboard battery dies before your processor does.

A non-OC'd computer should last forever. I've got a few comps that are over 13 years old now and still run properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom