Average Bittorent Download Speeds For Cable Internet Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valekea

Baseband Member
Hello, I have a high speed cable internet connection, I am getting fast and nice settings from a FTP Server or HTTP Server when i am downloading on Internet.

But when i download a torrent file, it simply is extremely slow rate download.

I Have The Lastest Version Of Bittorent client.

I am downloading a torrent with over hundreds of Seeders And Leechers.

I have both Local And Remote connections together.

They are not being blocked by a firewalled through TCP Or UPD.

I changed my windows setting to allow 50 max half open connections.

i use windows xp sp2. all security pack options are on, but has exception and it also has remote and local connections together.

My port is arround 65000

The UPNP, DHT , remove port on nat. auto configure ICS and stuff are all open and i dunno what they are.

I am also getting these 2 not found messages on my bittorent program :

Windows XP ICS Status: cannot find working ICS.
Windows XP UPnP Status: device not found!

I have about 10 KB to 20 KB download speeds most of the time and have the 4 times or 5 times the upload rate all the time.

I am sure this is abnormal because if everybody is uploading 40 kb - 50kb a second then we should all be getting megabytes of downloading speed?

I would also like to know the average speed that i should get with hish speed cable internet connection, surely 15kb can not be right. If you are using a cable high speed connection could you please tell me how much speed you get?

Thank you if you do.

Also, If you would like to send me a pm instead of posting here, thats fine too. I'll be looking forward for all your helps in this post and in box too. Thank you bye.

I would appreciate your helps very much. Thank you people.

We would have to know what's advertise as your download speed in bits from the ISP to determine your average download speed.

Service pack 2 limited the TCP/IP stack to 10 half-open connections, the rest are queued to reduce virus spread rate. I know there's a patch out there for fixing this, but I have yet to search. This limit on the TCP/IP stack cripples many p2p applications.

On another note, how's your network setup? Are you using ICS and connected to another computer to share internet or do you have a home router that you can use?

If you have a router then what's the brand and model of it?

Any firewall running on any of the computers being used?

What anti-virus program being used?

Hello Law. Thank you for being very helpful. I appreciate it. :eek:

Yes, I do know that the number of half - open connection is 10 by default on windows xp sp2. But I have changed this number to 50, also tried 100 as well, but same results.

The patch that changes the maximum number of half open connections is here :

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads&PHPSESSID=dd54033e8f32a044fb3eafd75f98ccbc

It changes the windows settings automaticly, and you do not have to do aything. simply follow the instructions, and it will reboot after change.

Also, I've noticed that when you have 10 open half-connections you can not run bittorent program and internet together, also with 50 half open, i also get about 2.5 times slow than when i use without bittorent program. it uses internet space or something alike?

It might not be your internet connection or OS but simply the people you are leeching off. Thier upload speed may have been full at the time or slower than expected.

Or sometime the ISP can be to blame, since 1/3 of the internet connection usage is due to torrent downloads, your ISP may have a role in determining your download.

Yeah you gotta remember, leechers are just that, leechers. If you have 100 seeders, and 200 leechers, its going to be slow depending on how long the leechers have been established and the upload speed of both the seeders and the leechers. There are many factors. Sometimes I only get 15-25 KBps on downloads. The other day I averaged over 300KBps on a 2 gig download, but there were over 200 seeders and less that 100 leechers.

Thanks for the info cedjunior, but unfortunately i have never gotten a 300Kb Per Second ever in any bittorent program.

The highest i got was remembering 90 kb with no other odwnload being made. Also, 90 kb was coming from only one user. the other ones were 1kb , 0 kb or no number.

When i am connected to the seeders, i can see how much they dowload and upload, and how much i get from them. but all iget from each computer is usually always 0 kb, 1kb , or no number.

But knowing that each person uploads alot, like me i pload 4 times my speed in some torrents for some reasons. Where are all those upload numbers going?

Dying on the way while travelling from computer to computer, i think. :D :rolleyes:

It seems that you are having the kind of problem that I use to have. I use to do everythn that you can think of.....never worked...tried different clients still was unsuccessful...until recently of course...all I did was removed every single client from my pc and got UTORRENT/mutorrent....that is my baby...she works like the most powerful woman on the planet...my friend...if you properly install her and open ports(if needed)...you should be gettn a kind of speed that you deserve...

good luck

Toroman25, Thank you very much for telling me about uTorrent, It's an amazing program !

I used to get about 20 KB a second with BitComet. With uTorrent I am getting over 100KB a second !

The Link to the msot amazing bittorent client : http://www.utorrent.com/

This program quickly configures itself, it's the most easiest one for inexperienced users to configure. It is completely free, it supports over 20 Langueges ! It shows alot of details, And it has a basic interface without any ads.

I've gotten the speeds i wanted to get and was trying for months with different clients and everything but wasn't able to get it, until i found uTorrent.

Again thank you very much ToroMan25 for your helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom