Status
Not open for further replies.
at least i made it to 250 good luck phantom118
Gee, I'm not sure I can reach 250 posts...
Why does post count matter so much all of the sudden? You used to be able to add whatever avatar or sig you wanted no matter your post count. Sorry, Just seems an odd thing to base that on.
It gives people a reason to post more (in the sections that count)

It gives people a reason to post more (in the sections that count)
Exactly. There are some members who do not post outside of Off Topic. This is one way to encourage them to move into the forums themselves.

While Off Topic can be fun, it is not the focus of TF. Off Topic, however, is where fully 90+% of the problems occur here at TF, and where most of the moderating team has to spend the majority of its time.

Post count may not be the best indicator of an active and productive forum member, but it is better than just guessing.

FYI:

I am in the hospital room with my son, not in some waiting room. I sleep here, eat here, spend 24 hours a day here. However, I am working on my laptop and I am working on the upgrade and to getting things as planned for TF2.

I'm not asking for any sympathy from anyone, but as I've mentioned before, It would be kinda' nice if any of you could show some patience. I'm quickly loosing mine. Some of it is due to the fact that I'm not a vB genius. Some of it is due to the fact that we did such a huge jump in software and some things just don't import that great (even though I was told by one vB genius that he could have done it without any problems and in a few hours). And I must admit that I'm losing patience with all the threads blasting me and my incompetence. "Oh my, I've lost my avatar and the world is coming to an end!" or "My sig is gone, what will I ever do?"

It may be just me, but when I'm at other forums and something goes wrong, I try to help either by PMing a Forum Leader or making a thread in the suggestions forum simply stating what is wrong.

Now to this issue about the avatars:

I set the groups, which was a manual thing in the old software, and I told it to do the promotions, which I found out that it made one set of promotions and not the other. This meant that the avatars didn't show up with the people that they should have. I think you'll find that corrected now.

Harper, your avatar drives me nuts with that girl giving me the crazy sign. I'm just kidding about that.

The infractions were automatic because the second group of promotions didn't go through correctly. Of course, it shows me as giving it and it was the default, not the 6 month'er set by our rules. You should find that corrected now.

My apology:

I do apologize that you have to deal with my inadequacies when it comes to some of these changes. I am to blame for most problems. If you find one, you can list it in the suggestions forum, but please do it civilly.

I am NOT to blame that some members, not specifying anyone, are so discontent that they want to stir up harsh feelings everytime that something doesn't quite work right. Ever heard of the Death of a 1000 cuts? It's where a very small cut is made on a victim and by the time they have been nicked 1000 times, they have bled to death. Gee, I've had so many cuts in the past few weeks that I think I'm getting there.

I really thank the Mods that are working through this period and trying their best to go by the directions they have been given. I also thank those that have found errors, bugs, or just plain mistakes and have reported them.

I'm trying and the Forum Leaders are trying to make this the best place that it ever has been. There's alot in the works that I'm not explaining right now, but there's still alot of kinks to work out. Hang in there and you'll see this place better than ever. I hope that everyone can just hold on and see how this is going to go.

'Nuff said for now.

Dave :D

I've noticed that under my username is reads "Techie Beyond Description"
It used to read "Superior Member" which is what I put

Once a member has a certain number of posts, he can choose a custom user title. Some or all may have reverted to default when Dave made the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom