"Avatar" Has a $500 Million Budget, Can It Make a Profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i spent 9.50 and I have the glasses too! lol 3 extra diollars for imax.. they suspect I am going to take them so i thought I would.

It's crazy how much variance there is in ticket pricing. Waffle mentioned a $5.50 ticket price which is a matinee here and my $8.00 full price ticket is a matinee in N.Y. or L.A. You'd think it would be more standard.

That also brings me to the point that dollars/currency is not the right way to measure a movie's success. I read an article that mentioned ticket sales were at like 1.4B last year. That is nothing compared to the 4B+ tickets that were sold in the 30s and 40s :O

It's crazy how much variance there is in ticket pricing. Waffle mentioned a $5.50 ticket price which is a matinee here and my $8.00 full price ticket is a matinee in N.Y. or L.A. You'd think it would be more standard.

That also brings me to the point that dollars/currency is not the right way to measure a movie's success. I read an article that mentioned ticket sales were at like 1.4B last year. That is nothing compared to the 4B+ tickets that were sold in the 30s and 40s :O

Here in Panama, USD is the currency and ticket prices can be as low as $3, $6 if you go to the "VIP" theaters with the recliners and stuff. But people here are LOVING this movie. My girlfriend has seen it twice, once with me and then again with her father in 3D. She wants to go with me to watch it again in 3D. She is NOT one for sci-fi movies, so James Cameron did a heck of a job (obviously) with capturing all sorts of audiences. He brings so many angles together in this movie that you don't go into the theater expecting.

poca2u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom