AV and Firewall

G9

Daemon Poster
Well my Norton AV finally ran out... so I need a replacement for a software firewall and an AV.

For a firewall, I was thinking zonelabs or Outpost Pro 2.

For my AV I was thinking Nod32 or Clam AV.

What should I get?

Well I guess it depends on if you are looking for free software or an actual pay service. For AV I would recommend Symantec Anti-Virus and firewall would have to be Zone Alarm from zonelabs. However if you want a free AV program then AVG Anti-virus from Grisoft isn't overly bad.

I use the built in Windows firewall, and AVG for antivirus. Go with the free version of Zonealarm if you want a more featured firewall.

iceshooter16 said:
Well I guess it depends on if you are looking for free software or an actual pay service. For AV I would recommend Symantec Anti-Virus and firewall would have to be Zone Alarm from zonelabs. However if you want a free AV program then AVG Anti-virus from Grisoft isn't overly bad.
I don't mind, whatever's best.

AVG is the best, free anti-vir. As for free firewalls, Ive only used Windows, and Zone Alarm, both are preety good. Also, get some adaware remoivers if you dont have any, adaware se, and spyware doctor are obth great utilities.

Windows Defender is pretty good. I currently use NOD32 and Symantec Client Security.

I just figured out Clam AV is free :p

So I'm getting nod32 as my antivirus...

It's between Outpost Pro 2 and Zone Labs for the firewall. Which should I get?

I use Zone Alarm for my firewall and for a antivirus i just use the trendmicro online tools

Back
Top Bottom