AutoIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, AutoHotkey was based off AutoItv2 back when it was open source. These days the AutoIt guys are verry verry bitter over it :p
Personally, I agree with the idea that autohotkey is geared towards more out-of-the-box usage, i.e it's so easy to learn that even noobs can put out useful working scripts within a day of seeing it for the first time. AutoIt has a bigger learning curve, but that pays off in the end if you're wanting to get something more complicated done.
That said, I know C++ already, it's what I'll use for any more complicated programs I need to write. But for something simple like a file modification script or backup program, lol either AHK or AutoIt would work just fine for me.

Yep, AutoHotkey was based off AutoItv2 back when it was open source. These days the AutoIt guys are verry verry bitter over it :p
Personally, I agree with the idea that autohotkey is geared towards more out-of-the-box usage, i.e it's so easy to learn that even noobs can put out useful working scripts within a day of seeing it for the first time. AutoIt has a bigger learning curve, but that pays off in the end if you're wanting to get something more complicated done.
That said, I know C++ already, it's what I'll use for any more complicated programs I need to write. But for something simple like a file modification script or backup program, lol either AHK or AutoIt would work just fine for me.

Yep....that's why i use AutoIt....for compiling utilities as AutoHotkey is more "macro"-like....i would say. In the past i use to work with assembler...what a PROGRAM...especially if you want to "manipulate" Memmory-offsets and the like...and create a couple of "key-gens"...but i wont mention my "past" activity with it on THIS forum...he he he :tongue:

...and back-in-the-day....my "fav" program...SOFT-ICE!

At the end of the day, it all boils down to "learning" something different...and "understanding" how things work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom