Audio Question (HDMI, Analog, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

Alright so here is my dilemma. I will soon have a 3 monitor set-up with one of those being a 42" TV. It is going to be connected via HMDI and my video card (HD5870) does support the audio. I am running into a problem though that I don't know if there is even a solution for but I'm hoping there is something. At the moment I have a set of computer speakers and they are plugged in via the normal green audio port off the motherboard in the back. When this is plugged in it overrides the HDMI and will only play through the set of computer speakers. Basically what I'd like to have happen is for anything being played on my two computer monitors through my computer speakers and/or my headset while anything being played on my TV using its own speakers via the HDMI connection.

I will basically only be using Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player to watch movies and TV shows. So if there is a way to make the audio from Windows Media Player and/or VLC Media Player use the TV's speakers over the computer speakers that would probably be a good option. Or if there is any other way to accomplish this I'd really appreciate the help. I don't want to have to unplug my computer speakers every time I want to watch something on my TV so that it uses its own speakers.

Thanks in advance everyone!

In Sound options, you can change it from your HDMI or sound card.

Well, I did find a solution that seems to be working. My concern was not being able to play .mkv files and some other different codecs that aren't supported by Windows Media Player stock or whatever because I wasn't seeing any options for selecting audio output device in VLC. However I found a codec that allows me to play .mkv files with Windows Media Player which was good because through options (in Media Player) I can go to devices than speakers and choose what I want the player to use. So I went ahead and picked the HDMI and it works just like I wanted it to. Everything other than the movie playing on the media player is coming through my normal computer speakers.

I guess one more question I might have is there a way to make profiles in Windows Media Player? So that I can easily switch between watching a movie on my TV via the HDMI sound or if I just decide to watch a video on my computer and want it to come through my computer speakers. Or will I just have to physically go into it and change it back and forth? I mean its not like its a really big hassle just would be nice to be able to switch back and forth simply.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom