Attn: Electricians and Home DIYers - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I checked that page to make sure RCD == GFCI before I posted.
You should really find out why the fan is making the GFCI trip, not just say **** it lol. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer that all electrical circuits in my house be properly guarded.

I figured out how to wire it up last night, however I ran into an issue - I couldn't fit all of the wires in the box. It just got to be too much of a cluster. So I'm going to go the junction box route and mount it nearby to the GFCI, and run it off from that. That way, the entire circuit is still GFCI based, but it's going to be wired a little cleaner with a junction box. That way the box itself will be a little bit of a mess, but the light switches, where space is limited, won't be.

I'm starting to think you are improperly connected and grounding out.

I've looked at homedpots fan selection, and the cheaper ~$50 ones say they need to be connected to a gfci. The specs paper should say if it can be used above a shower if connected to a gfci or not.

I'm starting to think you are improperly connected and grounding out.

I've looked at homedpots fan selection, and the cheaper ~$50 ones say they need to be connected to a gfci. The specs paper should say if it can be used above a shower if connected to a gfci or not.

Originally I was improperly connected. Right now, I'm not. I got it working. Everything was flying great with it running out of GFCI. Now I just have too many wires to fit into the box (mostly thanks to the size of wire nuts I need for capping off the grounds and whites).

The junction box changes nothing, except where in the line the connections are made. It'll just help balance the wiring cluster a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom