Attacks down in Iraq and growing economy

Giancarlo

Banned
Despite liberal scare tactics..

Iraq attacks against troops way down since the election... yes some negatives are highlighted, but the overall fact is the Iraqi military has stood up and maintained itself even under pressure!

""In the past, they were targeting the American forces because they were in charge of security," he said. "After the new Iraqi army and police were established — and succeeded in maintaining security and began annihilating (the insurgents) — they shifted their attacks."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050330/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_declining_attacks_1

The Economy grows at a lower then expected 3.8%, but this is good to prevent inflation! And will help lower oil prices. We need some moderation in growth. Too much leads to inflation. So this is actually good news.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&e=6&u=/ap/20050330/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy

Liberal scare tactics don't work!

About time too.... I saw a good picture last week on the news I think, of a US soldier who was standing in front of an ENORMOUS arsenal of weapon... like bunch of AK's, submachine guns, bazookas, everything. Now that's the stuff that I want to see, because if the terrorists don't have weapons, they're simply a weak hate group.

rakedog said:
About time too.... I saw a good picture last week on the news I think, of a US soldier who was standing in front of an ENORMOUS arsenal of weapon... like bunch of AK's, submachine guns, bazookas, everything. Now that's the stuff that I want to see, because if the terrorists don't have weapons, they're simply a weak hate group.

This process has been going on for the past year or so, and it has been long running. Getting the Iraqi government in charge and their troops in charge.

Now feedback on the economy?

Yes, I agree with you, economy is growing... but until I see my school better funded, and so that we can afford buying new books and new computers (not outdated, 7 year old ones), I can't say that we're recovered.

Edit: I believe you at first said feedback on Economy and Oil, and as far as oil, well, you know that I've never been a fan of oil, what is does, and the reasons we use it for. So even if it's doing fantastic, I'm constantly supporting radical development of newer and more effecient technologies.

rakedog said:
Yes, I agree with you, economy is growing... but until I see my school better funded, and so that we can afford buying new books and new computers (not outdated, 7 year old ones), I can't say that we're recovered.

That is more the state's fault. Not Bush's. In fact Bush is funding several education initatives.

Some more good news:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...050331/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy&sid=95609868

"WASHINGTON - Americans' incomes, bolstered by strong gains in hiring, rose by 0.3 percent in February while consumer spending climbed at an even faster pace of 0.5 percent, the government reported Thursday."

That is more the state's fault. Not Bush's. In fact Bush is funding several education initatives.

You're always making these assumptions... I never blamed it on Bush.

Funny, if you click on economy on yahoo, you do indeed see that article, but under it, plenty of not-so-good news.

rakedog said:
You're always making these assumptions... I never blamed it on Bush.

Funny, if you click on economy on yahoo, you do indeed see that article, but under it, plenty of not-so-good news.

The little liberal is having problems reading? What not-so-good news? Some prediction about oil prices going up to $100 when I can clearly say that demand in China for oil has fallen? And some consumers report isn't really accurate either when clearly I showed actual consumer demand going up.

Consumers Gloomy in March, Survey Finds

Chain Store Sales Fall in March 26 Week

Dollar Continues Rally in Asian Trading

Inflation, Jobs Top Stocks' Concerns

Stocks singed as Fed moves to slay inflation dragon

Some of those are good, some are bad. I'm merely pointing out that you seem to pick out the good news all the time. You're probably right, but whatever, let's drop the subject.

rakedog said:
Some of those are good, some are bad. I'm merely pointing out that you seem to pick out the good news all the time. You're probably right, but whatever, let's drop the subject.

Clearly some of those reports are pure speculation and get wiped out by official figures (that means they are out of date). The economy is on the right track, and the only problem is high oil prices which seems to be insufficient in causing the economy to go down. Besides if we moderate growth a bit, that means oil prices will come down.

Back
Top Bottom