ATIRAGEPRO's new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
his thread got locked, for very good reason, so I'm starting this for him minus the religeous debate
okay, he has about $1000 and he wants a new computer

first off, I would suggest a 3000+ or 3200+ Athlon 64 Venice

DFI NF4 Ultra-D motherboard, Abit AV8 3rd eye, or MSI K8N Neo 4 - depending if he wants AGP or PCI-E, and how much he is willing to spend

an Nvidia 6600 GT 128MB

and a 480W Antec True Power or True Blue

"Back in the day..."

I'd rather have the AGP 8X over PCI-e. AGP is just more trustworthy to me than the other thing because it's spacifically devoted to Video cards. :cool:

hey, ATIRAGEPRO's posts are at 939...

so you like AGP better... the Abit AV8 3rd eye it is.

and, if you have enough money I would suggest getting a 6800 GT

"big moneey..."

apokalipse said:
hey, ATIRAGEPRO's posts are at 939...
The lord is good! :D I have $1050.08 dollas in my PayPal Account!!! :D

IN YOUR FACE, BEDUBEYYA!! lol:cool:

"Motherboarddss..."

apokalipse said:
those Quattro's do not give good DirectX performance. they are really only for CAD and 3D modelling
Realy? oh. What's another good card for over $1000.00 ? :D :cool:

umm......
It aint over 1000, but the BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra PCIe 512mb video card.... thats about the only one other than ones made for CAD and things of the such.....

AGP is just more trustworthy to me than the other thing because it's spacifically devoted to Video cards
The PCI-E 16x is devoted solely for graphics cards as well.......the only way to get a DFI board is to either wait a month from now (like I'm having to do) so that they release their NF3 socket 939 AGP based board, or get the NF4.....I say this because like you know they are the best OC'ers.........ABit was a really good OC'ers board, but they didn't do so hot for the Socket 939 AMD64's IMO....they tried to make overclocking too user friendly, and it just doesn't work like that.

Anywho, it's not happening immediately but PCI-E 16x is replacing AGP, simple as that.

If you really want ATI I'd suggest waiting for the new R520 card to come out, but you can bet it'll be probably like $600 so there goes most of your budget :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom