ATI x950

rakedog said:
When I'm going to build my gaming box this fall, I plan to use a ATi x900 or x950 pro pci-e 256 ram card... Should be hella sweet.

Of course I recommend against ATI, and suggest a truly gaming geared card like the 6950 Ultra.

Just be happy you guys can blow so much money on a dumb card that gives you a few more frames extra on games.

yea even i dont want the top of the line card. too much, hell if i had the money it would be mine though. but if teh 6600gt's are giving amazing performance in games and then with SLI you can get even more why bother getting the highest card out

Giancarlo said:
Of course I recommend against ATI, and suggest a truly gaming geared card like the 6950 Ultra.

Well both the 6950 Ultra and the X950 will be VERY good for gaming. OF course, nVIDIA's strongpoint is OpenGL games, so and so forth. Although 2 6950 Ultras in SLI will probably be kicking :D

nVidia only can take ATI in dual card set-ups, other than that they are done. it's looking right now as if ATI will never have dual cards

"ATI is comming out with thier next generation on cards the x900's they sau they can beat the nvida SLI set. My question is will they support AGP? I hope so because I really dont want to have to get PCI-E. Any infromation on this will help...thanks"

why would you not want to upgrade to something twice as fast? you can't really have an "ultimate" gaming system w/out pci-e. not to rag on you or anything but you should really invest in pci-e. also, just tell your dad a new motherboard is cheap( they are actually a lot less expensive than some of the other things in your computer:RAM, video card, cpu, all more expensive than a mobo) heck, a copy of windows xp costs more than what i paid for my asus board.

money_man said:
nVidia only can take ATI in dual card set-ups, other than that they are done. it's looking right now as if ATI will never have dual cards

This is ridiculous. The only thing that ATI has that leads against Nvidia is the 850pt I believe... and that's ridiculously overpriced. Nvidia again has the mid and upper-mid range market by the balls. Other then the 850xt... ATI is finished. :mad:

not meaning to correct you giancarlo but you did not read my statement. thats ok i shall explain it to you. right now no nVidia card can touch the X850XT PE. they only beat it by using dual cards. i never said anything about upper and mid ranged markets. i just stated that ATI does have the single most powerful card out. and that it will beat any single nVidia card out right now. the only way nVidia can win is with SLI

i dont know about that Giancarlo, i mean alvino's only got me beat by about 500 3d marks with his 6800 NU, and i'm using a crappy intel mobo. iv'e never owned an invidia but i love my x800xt

Back
Top Bottom