ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce?

Larisa

In Runtime
Which graphic card is best and what's the difference, ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce?

Which do you prefer and why?

I'm in the market for a graphics card and want to be aware of any differences which might sway my purchase.

Thanks!

It all depends, its kinda like if you prefer AMD over Intel. Both ATI and Nvidia make great cards, so either one will do the job. If you want to SLi/Crossfire, make sure your board allows either of the two. Most Intel boards are Sli, most AMD are Crossfire.

My personal preference is Nvidia. Only because I have had nothing but great results everytime! ALso, its easier to get driver updates via Nvidias website, where as on ATI's, its a hassle to find, then download them, plus I HATE the Catalyst program. With ATI I seem to encounter bugs, or compatibility issues. I am not bias against ATI, I just dont recommend them due to my past experiences.

Hope that helps!

well some of nvidias latest cards have been really good, but also really expensive. ATI have been really good to, and cheap, but in almost all the benchmarks i've seen nvidia's latest card (295, 290, etc.) beat ATI's latest cards (4890, 4870 x2). http://vr-zone.com/articles/geforce-gtx-295-vs-hd-4870-x2-benchmarks/6297.html?doc=6297
i prefer ati though, because they have good cards for cheaper than nvidia, if you ook at the benchmark link i posted you'll see that the 295 does beat the 4870 x2 but hoestly no one need 150 fps at anything really so, why spend money to get it??? ati's crossfire (linking together multiple graphics cards for better performance) is easier and more versatile than nvidias sli (same thing)
because sli requires an nvidia chipset, while crosfiree can use any.

what are you going to be using the card for?

You can't answer this question. You can't compare two brands and say one is better to the other.

Oh yeah the GTX 295 pwns the HD 3450, and the HD 4870 X2 pwns the 8400GS.

With a SLI motherboard I would go with Nvidia even if you arn't planning to use two cards in SLI. At least you would have the option of adding another video card later.

With a SLI motherboard I would go with Nvidia even if you arn't planning to use two cards in SLI. At least you would have the option of adding another video card later.

what are you talking about
he didnt even ask about a motherboard
thats just the same as saying get a crossfire motherboard even if you dont plan on using it for crossfire

what are you talking about
he didnt even ask about a motherboard
thats just the same as saying get a crossfire motherboard even if you dont plan on using it for crossfire

There is another thread where she was having problems with her video card. I think the problem video card is being returned and she would like to replace it. In the other thread she posted that the motherboard was a SLI capable motherboard.

If you have a crossfire motherboard wouldn't it make sense to get an ATI video card, or vise versa with SLI. Even if you don't use SLI or crossfire right now, you would have the option of using it with minimal expense if you only have to purchase one addition video card rather than having to replace both. I guess that doesn't make any sense...

Back
Top Bottom