ATI Radeon HD5770

Would this graphics card be able to run future games like cod black ops to its full potential

It's not out yet, so can't say. I do have a 5770 though, and it holds up excellently in every game I've thrown at it, and maxes out CodMW2. So I would have to say yes, unless they are going to massively upgrade the graphics in ~6 months :p

Not so fast...

What is your resolution, and what are your current specs?

It will max most games at low resolutions, but when they get high, the 128-bit memory becomes a huge bottleneck.

Not so fast...

What is your resolution, and what are your current specs?

It will max most games at low resolutions, but when they get high, the 128-bit memory becomes a huge bottleneck.

Resolution? Holy crap, it would have to be a massive res to make a difference if you ask me :p

I'm on 1920x1080, and I haven't experience any such huge bottleneck that I'm aware of :confused:

Resolution? Holy crap, it would have to be a massive res to make a difference if you ask me :p

I'm on 1920x1080, and I haven't experience any such huge bottleneck that I'm aware of :confused:

I noticed it at 1920x1200. Not really that massive, and when games get more memory intensive in the future, it'll become much more noticeable.

Really weird stuff starts happening over 2160x1920 btw. I mean weird. Imagine objects flickering constantly, shadows disappearing at certain angles, etc. Unless the settings are turned way down. 5760x1200 is unplayable in certain games except at almost bare minimum settings.

I noticed it at 1920x1200. Not really that massive, and when games get more memory intensive in the future, it'll become much more noticeable.

Really weird stuff starts happening over 2160x1920 btw. I mean weird. Imagine objects flickering constantly, shadows disappearing at certain angles, etc. Unless the settings are turned way down. 5760x1200 is unplayable in certain games except at almost bare minimum settings.

Huh. I've never noticed it, that's all I know :p

5760x1200? Why would you even attempt that on one midrange card? :p

I use a 5750 and a 5770 in Xfire right now. I used the 5770 alone to see how well it actually performed. I still have severe memory bottlenecks with the Xfire setup though.

Well, it only uses the memory from one card, correct?

Back
Top Bottom