ATI Radeon 9800 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pterophyllum

Beta member
My PC will no longer play games for more than a few minutes without locking up. When i went to check the graphic card driver in device manager, the display adapter shows 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800 and then lists a 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800 secondary driver underneath. Both drivers are in fact the same. Does this read right, or have i got some kind of rogue driver causing me problems?

How would i know if the comp is overheating? The fan was given a clean bill of health by a service engineer less than a month ago.

when I first got my new computer, it over heated all of the time. I had to go for a whole week with the side off and a 12 inch fan blowing air into it until my new fans came from newegg.

The fan does not seem to be overheating ... should the 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800 secondary be showing, or could this be a 'ghost print' of the original driver that was not uninstalled correctly ??? Any idea please ..... H E L P

check temps with speedfan or in bios and get more fans if need be.

Also, try uninstalling all old graphics drivers and software from device manager and in Add/Remove programs and re-install the latest ones from ATI's site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom