ATi drivers..

Ah, thanks guys. I just came back from the store.. so happy!! I know the card isn't that great and all, but I've been waiting and researching for a couple of months. Gonna install it tomorrow.
Final check, is there any possible way to just update from the catalyst program itself? I was thinking about just using the cd because then it'd be easier just updating from there, than downloading each component. I'm not sure what things to download from the driver site. I know I need the Cataylst software, but do I need ATI Multimedia Center 9.13, and HYDRAVISION ? On the site it says the ATI Multimedia Centerâ„¢ found herein is provided as an UPDATE to previous versions included on original installation CDs for supported products. I'm guessing I should use the cd just for the 1st installation process, then update from the cataylst thing to get all the latest features.

One last thing.. when I go to the Device manager and look under display adapters, I see two drivers for my intel chipset. Should I disable both? I realize why this has happened. I used another monitor in the past before getting my new crt, and thats probably why the driver appears twice. Just wondering if I have to disable both. Thanks again for your time, and patience! I'm including a picture just so you guys know what I'm talking about.

desk23pv.jpg

just go to the site and download the latest catalyst program it should give you all the stuff you need and if it gives you all that ATI Multimedia Center 9.13, and HYDRAVISION stuff just uninstall it or when you are downloading catalyst and your going to install it i think it gives you and advanced installation method where you can choose what you want installed try that, and for your display adapters that is your onboard video card im sure just disable both of them when you have your radeon all setup with the latests drivers and so on then take it from there. hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom