ATI Driver Problem "Unable to load ATICIM.dll"

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello

I have just tried installing the new ati drivers, from the ati website. When I tried to install it , this is what it gave me (error number: 0X80040707 & Unable to Load ATICIM.dll)

I have removed my old drivers and restarted the comp, and I still cant install the new drivers. I have tried installing the old drivers, with the same error msg. I tried to remove "ATI HYDRAVISION" from Add remove, but it gave me the same error msg when I tried to install the drivers, i cant remove it...

I tired googling the problem, and someone sad to create a file name "Desctop" in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users but the folder was already there when I looked...

Please help.

Have u tried using driver cleaner pro to remove it.

The problem actually occurs when Installshield can't find the paths specified in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell Folders Key.

Basically, all the paths listed under that key need to be valid, and sure enough when I opened Windows Explorer and browsed to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%, there were missing folders such as "Desktop" & "Documents" (god knows why they were deleted in the first place, because I've never touched them).

Now I can install the catalyst drivers, and the control panel etc.

More information about the fix can be found here:
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108167

is that what u said u tried? copied this from a website i just found.

Yes just now, I removed evrything that had the word ati :)

didnt help....:(

I tryed removig ATI HYDRAVISION with the driver remover, even tho it sad that it removed it, when i look in my add/remove its still there and i cant remove it, giving me the same error (error number: 0X80040707 & Unable to Load ATICIM.dll)

Seems to be because the install shield of the driver cant find the directories in the registry that are reported to be there ie docs, appdata, templates... like that links says.

So what does it mean...How do i fix it? :)

Guys Im going CRAZY HERE!!

plz help

The way i see it...
u need to go into the registry...HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr ent Version\Explorer\User Shell Folders Key.

and make a note of the directories listed here, then check on ur hdd in the locations that the folders are supposed to be in, if they arent there then create them in exactly the same place as the reg states. I think appdata is hidden so u need to unhide hidden folders in my computer first. Hope this makes sense.

Omg just fixed it, the folder "startup" was missing

Anubis 1000 thanks man

+1

Back
Top Bottom