Ati 9600xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafupen

Baseband Member
got my 9600XT a while ago, and for some reason it keeps crashing my computer very often. when i restart the computer the microsoft error reporting service says that it is a graphics driver which is at fault, however i just installed 5.6 catalyst from ATI. the crashes happened before i installed 5.6, and they still happen. they happen at random times, but i can count on it crashing at one time in particular. when i run Norton antivirus to scan my comp for virus', my computer crashes about halfway through every time. i havent been able to complete a scan yet. the wierd thing is it crashes at no particular point. just whenever, but usually approximately half way through. it also crashes at other times....but theres usually nothing special going on....(i minimize a program, just sitting around, whatever). anyone else have this card and have problems with it? ivew got a brand new power supply, sound card, memory, you name it. the only sketchy component in my system is my HDD which is about 7gb short of full 60. ive tried everything and i just keep getting perplexed. please toss up any suggestions or experiences with ATI.

have many people had problems with the whole computer crashing from the latest cat drivers? i think i used 5.2 for a while...then went to 5.5 and now 5.6....i dont recall my comp crashing with 5.2 tho.

did you have an nvidia card before?? if yes, then you need to reformat... that's what i had to do when i went from ATI to Nvidia

sure did. nvidea geforce mx440 PCI. did yours crash all the time at random intervals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom