*** ATENTION *** - DeBeers Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal_Dragon

Fully Optimized
Figured I would throw this out there in case some of you have been living under a rock.....

https://diamondsclassaction.com/

You can file online, and you have till MONDAY MAY 19th 2008 TO FILE YOUR CLAIM (or have it post marked)

This website provides information about a proposed settlement of class action lawsuits concerning the price of diamonds and diamond jewelry. The proposed settlement is currently pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. The defendants are certain companies within the De Beers Group.

The class actions are brought on behalf of persons and businesses who purchased loose gem diamonds or jewelry or other products containing gem diamonds in the United States.

The Court has conditionally certified two classes, or groups, of diamond buyers: the Direct Purchaser Class and the Indirect Purchaser Class. Members of the Direct Purchaser Class purchased from De Beers or De Beers' Diamond Mining competitors while members of the Indirect Purchaser Class purchased from someone OTHER THAN De Beers or De Beers' Diamond Mining Competitors. The Indirect Purchaser Class is divided into two subclasses: Consumers and Resellers. Select the links below to obtain detailed information about each Class.

Consumers: All persons located in the United States who purchased any diamond or diamond jewelry or other products containing gem diamonds for personal use and not for resale between January 1, 1994 and March 31, 2006. For example, Consumers include people who purchased diamond jewelry to wear or to give as a gift.

But the article says something about prices? Are people mad because they realized that diamonds are just cheap rocks?

Inflated prices, or miss representing prices. in the world of stones an gold you can get in hot watter for that.

Yeah... something about price fixing in the market...... I made it within the purchase date range by 20 days... yay.... Oh yeah... thread will be loct at the end of my work shift Monday....

i don't like jewelry either and the only thing I ever wore/wear is my wedding band...and I once bought some goofy solar thing as a kid ;) it gave me powers! hehe

but wouldn't this sort of be like the sanctioned monopolies like phone and power companies? I should read what you linked of course...but NO broadband....maybe :D

Lol.... atomic, did you read the quote from the site I put up there? hahah.... If you bought diamond/gem jewelry between January 1, 1994 and March 31, 2006, you might be elligable..... The more people join the suit, the less everyone gets, but I suppose I am just a nice guy, and don't want the TF members to miss out (if applicable... I know alot of you's are yute's.)

yeah I read that, then just read the link...

the problem is...I just don't know ;)

it's like this...they are a conglomerate...they are given extensive powers
they and dimond sellers market the products and convince people that if you love someone you buy XXX, if you can't fork over XXXX amount, then you don't really love someone...etc etc

I never bought into that...so I don't pay XXX for any amount of XXX to make me appear XXX....that's not confusing is it?

That's akin to the sports car thing you had ;) I don't get it, and would never pay any XXX amount for any XXX car.

This would relate to the petroleum situation...whereby these conglomerates are controlling the price, and we just have to eat it.

Cartel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
De Beers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This would also be like how phone companies and the government work together...example, my phone services I sign up for ar about 11-12 dollars in services, no long distance and very basic with unlisted number option....but my actual phone bill is $35+ dollars a month :p

that's a messed up phone bill, lol

in the end, this only benefits all the lawyers who file these things....they scrounge for everything on the net and advertise all over, to make it look like they are public service announcements. You know the asbestos claims, xxx...xxx...xxx....ad nauseam. The more people they get under the petitions, the more they are able to claim. Each person who might sign up, will say claim $10000, but only get about 1% and the lawyers pocket the rest. That's why in these cases where millions are sought, the individuals might get $18.

whatever happens, I just hope it's the right outcome....and people should then be less materialistic....but if people continue to be after this case...what's it all for?

gold watches, fancy suits, pricey handbags, expensive dinners...it's an endless parade of pretentiousness I just don't want to be a part of :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom