at a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

xboxh4ck3r

Solid State Member
ok i bought a imac g5 about 2 years ago... ya know the ones that have the whole computer in the screen but whatever... i try to boot it up and the light turns and and then the fans just run longer than a marathon.... they tell me that i need a new logic board but i dont know if this is the REAL problem or if this is a plot to gain money... also is there any way i can get my info off i have alot of important business stuff... and i know i can put up money to get it off but i want that to be a final option

Yeah, it's probably the logic board. The people at the Apple Store generally know what they're talking about.

As for getting the data off, the most plausible solution would be to hook up the harddrive to a machine that runs Linux, mount it, and dump all the data off.

If you need help with that, let us know.

"|_||3ER 1337, X|3()X..."

Does it start up at least? I don't see how loud fans are such a Z0|\/|G|_|1@R issue. :confused:

I personally like the PowerMac g5's better. those are great, you should have gotten one of those. [/OPINION]

There might be just a backwards jumper on the logic board, (Because Macs still use Jumpers to overclock everything. :p)

It might not be that big of a problem, but it's a bit complicated to figure out how to fix. If you can, try to get that Mac switched for another one.:.:cool:

"But it's O-dweeeeds, man...."

Yeah, i wa going to ask about that, to. :( I use IE, but i don't want to erase my cookies cuz i might forget some of my passwords. :eek: :cool:

"U soking da wrong bag, me laddeee..."

If i use firefox, I will automatically be LOGGED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT if i click on the active topics tab. :(

Thats why i dont use it. :( :cool:

What? I've never had that happen. Then again, I don't use Firefox for Windows, so it may be different. :confused:

xboxh4ck3r said:
also is there any way i can get my info off i have alot of important business stuff...
You should never have important business stuff in one location at any time. Hard drives crash, machines are stolen, etc. Once you deal with this, you should impliment a regular backup procedure in place at the very least weekly for that sort of data.

I know this doesn't attack the main line of questioning, but I seem to hear statements that directly imply critically-important-data-in-one-place-only situations this far too often. I know too many people, myself included, who have at some time in the past permanently lost important data somehow or another. It's better not to have to learn this the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom