Asus VW225 Issue

boldor

Solid State Member
Hi!
I've got a new monitor couple of days ago, an Asus VW225. The problem is that when i sometimes start my PC the screen doesnt seem to notice it... It stays in Stand By (orange LED), i try to turn the screen on and off couple of time and it all it says then is "No Signal" and returns to standby. Tho couple of times resetting the Asus worked and it continued to work properly to next time it "hanged". Usualy i keep restarting the PC untill the monitor works.

Its a new monitor and apart from that its working perfectly, whats wrong?

My Pc
A780GXH/128M
2x Gainward HD4850 512mb (Crossfire)
Phenom II 4x 995 Black Edition
4GB OCZ gold edition RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Edit: Oh ye, i use the DVI connection

Plug it into a different computer. Restart that a few times - hopfully it will work every time.

This could be the monitor or the graphics card in your computer.

Someone just brought me a 22" monitor today that would turn on, it wouldn't even have an orange light where the power was. I took it apart and noticed there are four bad capacitors... out of 10. I'm going to replace those, since they're cheap, and see if that works. Good news for me is that they're just going to buy another one and I can keep it.

What I'm saying is it could be a problem like that, but it's new. I doubt it I say try it on another computer and see if it works. It's new, it has a warranty, no?

-Q

I'm sure many more people will follow up on my reply with more suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom