asus star ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should, but what kind of processor are you putting it on?

Full Mobo/processor specifications please... :)

Is an HSF, of course it will fit. That fan towers above everythign else, so, unlike the Zalman 7700CU, you dont need lots of room around the processor to use it.

It is a very excellent peice of equipment, gets your CPU unbelievably cold for an HSF. Great stuff, I strongly recommend it.

I'm going to assume that the MOBO is :

"ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail"

In that case the CPU cooler will NOT work. That cooler is a "4-in-1 Solution for Socket T, Socket 478, K7, K8" a 3800+ is probably a socket 939.

try to find a Zalman. they are big but they work great and they're quiet. go for the all copper one... :)

Him said:
Is an HSF, of course it will fit. That fan towers above everythign else, so, unlike the Zalman 7700CU, you dont need lots of room around the processor to use it.

It is a very excellent peice of equipment, gets your CPU unbelievably cold for an HSF. Great stuff, I strongly recommend it.

look at the link... it says

"4-in-1 Solution for Socket T, Socket 478, K7, K8"

it does not say universal!!!

If you want to waste your money on something that will not work, go ahead and buy it...

hercules_upw said:
look at the link... it says

"4-in-1 Solution for Socket T, Socket 478, K7, K8"

it does not say universal!!!

If you want to waste your money on something that will not work, go ahead and buy it...

Dont gotta be a jerk about it. Just tell me I was wrong, and try not to be such an asshole.

If he showed you it on the SAME stuff that you got, than it will prolly work.

I really dont see why it wouldnt work. Physically, the 939 chip is pretty much the same size as the 478 chip, which is roughly the same size as the 775 chip. All the fan is is a flat peice of copper with a retnetion bracket. Tell me why it wouldnt work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom