Asus RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
I RMAed my Asus A8N Deluxe SLI board the other day and I am wondering how long does it take for me to get a response/rma number from Asus, and how long until I get a new board?
Also, do they give me the option of paying upfront for a new mobo and be refunded that amount once the rma is finished?

I would assume tat it takes at most, a week to get it to them... say 24/48 hours for RMA number (after calling of course, cause I know I'm impatient!) and giving a weekend into account for mailing... say 4-10 days to get it back to you...

when you do get it back though, just remember to clear the CMOS before install

It took almost 2 months for me to get my ASUS mobo back. :(

They say it could be up to a week before the lab looks at it once it is recieved, then who knows how long testing or repairs will take, then it sits around abit before its shipped back to you, and then they send it snail mail!!

They ended up just replacing my mobo because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it!!:eek:

Shoot 2 months? That's not what I wanted to hear :(.
I hope they replace mine, too, I don't want to have to mess with that voodoo board. Or at least give me the option to buy a new one in advance.

They didn't give you an RMA / case number? Did you call them at all prior to sending it in, or did you just mail it to them??

Personally, I have only had to RMA my Sony monitor that blew up 1 month after purchase... At work, I have to RMA Cisco devices (no comment at all....), and in both cases, I called and immediatly got an RMA number. Cisco's turnaround doesn't count, as business customers pay top dollar to get 4 hour turnaround from when a case opens to part arrival, but with Sony, that crap too 2 months... RMA'd it in early December, got a new one in end of January. Call them up after a week or two, and DEMAND to speak to a manager... I swear, most of these jerks at the call centers don't care about the customer..... I can tell, because I myself work in a call center for a (VERY) large telco, working business repair issues, and there is a VAST difference in not only the attitude that these people have, but their general knowledge too... I woulnd't be surprised if it the call center was in India..... (I have NOTHING again Indian people, I work with alot of REALLY COOL Indian people, large center, and I really have nothing against them... I have something against large corporations that penny pinch by removing american's from the workforce to pay someone overseas a FRACTION of the same wages to do literally the SAME THING.... Rediculous... If I were President, vote for me in 2020, I would make that crap illegal, even though I know the president doesn't have such power....) well, thats it... [/rant]

I called and they told me to go online to get the rma, which I did. That was june 28th or 29th, I haven't gottena case or rma # yet. I haven't mailed anything out yet either, the board is still with me. They just sent me a confirmation email with all the info I'd given them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom