asus P6T vs asus P6T SE

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
have decided on getting a INTEL i7 920 and a GTX 260 core 216, so far so good :)

my problem is with the MOBO and after a few hours of reviews / searching i'm not exactly clear what the difference is on the...

ASUS P6T and the ASUS P6T SE boards?

some places say they only support 12gig but ASUS homepage says 24gig.
some reviews say they support SLI and Crossfire but other pages only say Crossfire.

can anyone confirm the 24gig and SLI stuff?
any other major differences between these two boards?

doubt i'll ever get SLI (i'm a nvidia fan) but i will be OC'ing a little bit with the i7 920. other than that i don't do anything super special as far as hardware goes.

unfortunatly the ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 is out of my budget :(
thanks in advance!!

have decided on getting a INTEL i7 920 and a GTX 260 core 216, so far so good :)

my problem is with the MOBO and after a few hours of reviews / searching i'm not exactly clear what the difference is on the...

ASUS P6T and the ASUS P6T SE boards?

some places say they only support 12gig but ASUS homepage says 24gig.
some reviews say they support SLI and Crossfire but other pages only say Crossfire.

can anyone confirm the 24gig and SLI stuff?
any other major differences between these two boards?

doubt i'll ever get SLI (i'm a nvidia fan) but i will be OC'ing a little bit with the i7 920. other than that i don't do anything super special as far as hardware goes.

unfortunatly the ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 is out of my budget :(
thanks in advance!!

SLi is for nVidea cards, Crossfire is for ATi Cards. Do you think you'll ever need 24GB of ram? Haha.

great info :) but do the boards support SLI? is there a workaround?

sure, 24gig is a lot but i'm sure 5 years ago many said the same about having 6 gigs which most r getting with the new i7 boards. and i'm sure in 2 years 4 gig sticks will b dirt cheap, at least i'm hoping :)

besides, i do heaps of photo / video editing and you can never have enough RAM for that stuff. plus i will run 2 24" at 1920x1200.

Yes, If it supports 3/4way, it'll support 2 way, AFAIK (But you should get a 2nd opinion aswell).

That is rather confusing... Do ASUS have the Specifications listed on their website? I'd go by them.

ok, cool, thanks :)

yeah, asus has them on their website and they also have a compare screen but its hard to see the major differences :(

http://www.asus.com/compare.aspx

hope that link works??

ps, in the time writing on this forum the deluxe v2 either came down in price on the internet or i found a good website that selling it for cheaper here in sweden so my mind is made up now :)

the deluxe v2 it is :) wooohoooo!!

Back
Top Bottom