ASUS P4S800 no secondary IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mryan

Beta member
I am building a machine using a Asus P4S800 motherboard and a P4 2.4 800fsb.
It seems I can not detect anything that is plugged into the secondary IDE channel.
I can use a CD drive and have loaded Windows XP pro using a CD plugged into the primary IDE with my hard drive.
I have tried several different Bios changes and currently have the latest revision from Asus.
I know I have overlooked the obvious but can't seem to get it.
Also strange that I can not get my Logitech optical mouse to work in the USB port after Windows starts(it blinks during boot).
I have checked the device manager and all appears ok.
I welcome any thoughts or soultions.

Thanks,

Mike

hmm did u plug everything right i have the same motherboard btu i didnt have that problem and i have 2 ide devices on it hdd + cd rom if it doesent work try returning it and geting a new one urs might be messed up?

Good thoughts,
I actually removed a old motherboard (same model) and installed a new one today because I thought the old one had failed.
To the best of knowledge everything is plugged in properly.

I found the soultion....it seems the case that I bought has front USB ports in a nice connector.
When the connector is plugged in it grounds the ocxx terminal and shorts everything out...no USB and no secondary IDE.
After removing the wire from the connector USB ports are working and secondary IDE is back.
Now I guess I have an spare motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom