Asus Mobo Problem...

Tonymac

Beta member
Alright.. Asus a7v8x-x with athlon xp 2400+... Tried 3 different power supplies and cases (power switches)... Also sent back mobo and cpu for replacement and same problem with new ones... Is there a compatibility issue!?!?! Reseated cpu and ram.... ps voltage normal (115v)... WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRNOG!?!?!?! so frustrated...

ok

Oops, forgot to say the problem... yeah, pretty frustrated...

When power on, the fans just do a little jerk of rotation. They just kinda twitch (and the lights flick on for a millisecond). But I have tried every option I can think of...

Tonymac said:
Alright.. Asus a7v8x-x with athlon xp 2400+... Tried 3 different power supplies and cases (power switches)... Also sent back mobo and cpu for replacement and same problem with new ones... Is there a compatibility issue!?!?! Reseated cpu and ram.... ps voltage normal (115v)... WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRNOG!?!?!?! so frustrated...
WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRNOG
Trying to do something you don't know how to do.Plain and Simple.
Sorry but thats what i see.
:D

Re: ok

Tonymac said:
Oops, forgot to say the problem... yeah, pretty frustrated...

When power on, the fans just do a little jerk of rotation. They just kinda twitch (and the lights flick on for a millisecond). But I have tried every option I can think of...
Sounds to me like it is a compatability thing; have you read through the Motherboard Manual? Did you check what type of Processor the 2400+ is and whether it will work on the Motherboard.

Call up Asus, and ask them about it.

Thanks

Kalthorn, thank you for actually providing help. I will call them. I thought it was either compatibility, or there was a common problem with the pin settings on that mobo and I'd have to do something funky with the switch.

Bluto, I have read many other threads... Do you have nothing better to do with your time than go to every post and reply saying the person in question knows not what they are doing??? This makes it seem like you actually do know a lot, but yet, you don't provide any HELP... You just say people don't know what they are doing. This forum is for people that are having problems, be it a newbie or an expert. Yes I have only built a total of ten computers, but I have never run into this problem, so I came here for help. I don't need you to point out the fact that I have run into a problem that I do not know how to fix... If I thought I knew how, I wouldn't ask a question on this forum would I?

Thanks again Kalthorn. Will let you know if it was compatibility.

Tonymac said:
Best i can do , the above indicates you to be new at this.Why did you blame the PWS so quick ?Etc
When the final results come in i think you will have to admit that you have learned a little more on building a PC.Your past 10 knowledge didn't seem to help ? But that wasn't in your first post.
:D

SO WHAT IN THE HECK AM I DOING WRNOG ?
That was my honest "opinon"

Wow..

Yes.. That is the whole point. I came HERE because I KNOW I have things to learn. I came here because I need help. What I do not need, is for someone to reiterate that fact that I came to this forum for help. This fact has been made obvious by the fact that I CAME HERE.

Now, thank you for pointing out the obvious, instead of pointing out the solution to my problem (which was NOT obvious, and IS what this forum is for).

Jackass...

BTW, I read the manual, and it read, "Socket A for AMD Barton/Thouroughbred/Athlon XP/Duron 2.25+ GHz." MY processor is a 2400+ Thorton... I contacted ASUS and am waiting for a reply on their next business day. In the mean time, I spoke with a couple buddies of mine and they said it should work as long as it is Socket A (no matter what model). This is what I originially thought too, but just in case, I went ahead and got a refund RMA from Newegg and ordered a Barton to save time. Hope this fixes the problem, and thanks Kalthorn.

Re: Wow..

Tonymac said:
Yes.. That is the whole point. I came HERE because I KNOW I have things to learn. I came here because I need help. What I do not need, is for someone to reiterate that fact that I came to this forum for help. This fact has been made obvious by the fact that I CAME HERE.

Now, thank you for pointing out the obvious, instead of pointing out the solution to my problem (which was NOT obvious, and IS what this forum is for).

Jackass...

BTW, I read the manual, and it read, "Socket A for AMD Barton/Thouroughbred/Athlon XP/Duron 2.25+ GHz." MY processor is a 2400+ Thorton... I contacted ASUS and am waiting for a reply on their next business day. In the mean time, I spoke with a couple buddies of mine and they said it should work as long as it is Socket A (no matter what model). This is what I originially thought too, but just in case, I went ahead and got a refund RMA from Newegg and ordered a Barton to save time. Hope this fixes the problem, and thanks Kalthorn.
Good now accept the fact i don't have these problems.Want to "LEARN"
why.Hee Hee.
I like old eggs.New eggs "toasted" get it yet ?
:rolleyes:

Re: Wow..

Tonymac said:
(Pleasant Comments about Bluto)

Not sure what is means by 2.25+ Ghz - AMD don't have very many processors at that speed. Hmmm, interesting, but its probably best as you decided to keep to the models supported instead of just the socket. As far as I know there's more than the Socket controlling the use of the Processor which may be offput by a different Build of Processor.

Yeah, it should, it'll be better too. Good luck with it; tell us if it works.

Back
Top Bottom