Asus laptop keyboard unresponsiveness. PLEASE HELP!!

mace10

Beta member
I own an Asus G71GX-A2 laptop with Windows 7 64-bit. I have been encountering a strange issue with my keyboard lately.

When holding down a key such as "W" in notepad for instance, it will repeat the letter for a short while, then as if I'd lifted my finger, it will stop for a moment, and then continue repeating W. If this sounds too vague, allow me to provide a more concrete example.

When playing a game that requires the "W" key to be suppressed to move forward (it's worth noting this problem occurs with other keys as well) eventually the character will stop moving, even though I still have my finger on the "W" key. This will then require me to lift my finger and re-press the key.

If this problem doesn't sound very severe, consider that it's been occurring more and more frequently as of late, seriously interfering with whatever game I am playing.

Additionally, it's worth mentioning that when I plug in my wireless Logitech keyboard to the laptop, the problem is nonexistent when using it for the same functions. No third-party drivers installed or anything.

Does anyone have insight into how I might go about resolving this issue? I apologize if my explanation is a tad wordy, but I must include every detail I feel is relevant so that I may effectively find an answer.

Thank you for your time.

Sounds like it is an actual keyboard issue not having anything to do with drivers. You will want to first check the keyboard by removing the individual key. This guide is one of the best out there for how to clean the entire thing. If that is not the problem then you are looking at a possible defect or error in the hardware itself. For an asus if it is under warranty it will be covered otherwise look to spend about $50 for the replacement part.
http://www.computing.net/howto/simple/keyboard/

That's odd, because I use a wireless keyboard and when I used to play WoW the same thing would happen to me, but just with that game. I don't know what the deal was...

Back
Top Bottom