ASUS Creates Upgradeable Graphics Cards

ok so let me get this straight, instead of buying a graphics card you buy a graphic board, then you buy your own GPU and your own memroy for it ?

if so that is absolutely ingenius

Thats a fantastic idea :D But I wonder if the really high end processors would be available - not just mid-range ones

Sounds like a good idea but what would happen when the actually graphics card slot changes like going from AGP 2x->4x->8x->PCIe->PCIexpress 2 you would obviously need a new graphics board too

I would imagine they would have the same sockets on the newer board as the old one, allowing you to just transfer the memory/processor etc that you already have

if this catches on motherboard company's should put in a special slot so you can just load in the chip and memory

Sounds like a good idea but what would happen when the actually graphics card slot changes like going from AGP 2x->4x->8x->PCIe->PCIexpress 2 you would obviously need a new graphics board too

well that doest happen too often so i suppose it wouldnt be too much trouble but it would jus be like when intel gos from 478 to 775 amd from 754 to 939 to am2 etc.

Back
Top Bottom