Chrash

Solid State Member
Hey i just got a new pc bout 2 weeks ago

asus a8n-sli deluxe
amd 3700+@2200 sd
Ati x800gto2
tagen 480watt psu
200gig sata hdd

I recently overclocked the cpu to running at 2400 rather then 2200, seemed to be running fine for a week or so. but yesturday my mouse seem to just go crazy keeps freezing and jumping. my freind had the same problem when he overclocked his but after he took of his overclock it all stopped. however mine still remains, it is a cheap optical ps2 mouse. and is seriously annoying me because it makes the pc unuseable. if anyones ever had this problems or knows what it is or how to sort it out it could be greatly apriciated. cheers people

ive never had that problem. But i would try a different mouse, just to see if that was the problem. If the mouse came with drivers or something, try uninstalling those.

I agree try a second mouse, also possibly one using a different connection (usb or ps/2) that your current mouse if that doesn't help.

Re:

Hello,

Also, make sure the plastic focus plate covering the CMOS sensor and LED on the underside of the mouse is clean and free of dust and dirt.

Cheers people

Thanks for alll the help. i tryed it with a different mouse and it works perfectly. i was happy that i did not damage the Mobo or anything, :D. i messed about with the mouse, cleaned it and made sure there were no loose connections. and no change, after countless times of messing around i found out it was the cable. kinda random but as i said thanks for all the help it was greatly apriciated. sorry for messing you people around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom