ASRock, MSI and NZXT!

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Evening,

I've decided as of late that despite period upgrades and fettling here and there, my PC has fallen behind the times and it's about time I do something about it, so I can finally start playing the newer titles in resolutions and settings that do them justice.

My current PC has a Hyper-X 120GB SSD, a V650 semimod power unit and 1866MHz DDR3 that I shall be reusing for the time being. Plus my Corsair H75 hybrid cooler and abundance of SP120 fans.

Basically I will be changing the motherboard, CPU, graphics card; and the case in order to accommodate this and provide adequate cooling in the environment it will be in.

This is what I'm thinking of buying. I've watched a tonne of reviews on the case and GPU, and the feedback is unanimously positive. The feedback on the CPU is also very positive. I don't plan to be doing overclocking in the near future on this, but it's not ruled out for the future. Tell me what you think:-

NZXT Source 340 Black with Red Trim Compact Mid Tower Case with Window No PSU - CA-S340MB-GR - Scan.co.uk

990FX Killer Socket AM3+ Asrock ATX Motherboard - Scan.co.uk

AMD FX 8350 Processor - Black Edition - 8 Core - FD8350FRHKBOX - Scan.co.uk

MSI Radeon R9 270 Gaming 2G AMD Graphics Card - 2GB - R9 270 GAMING 2G - Scan.co.uk

I've picked the 270 over the 270X here as the MSI one comes out of the factory with a slightly higher boost clock compared to the factory 270s. This has put it very nearly ontop of the 270X in most benchmarks, plus it stays a bit cooler and is a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom