Aspire One or HP Mini

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Ok here's the scoop,

Through school, i can buy some computers under the state of Wisconsin contract which means huge discounts. With netbooks I have the option of an HP Mini and the Aspire One. I don't know the specs of either at the moment but I'm not really partial to what the specs are. I just need something that can run Eclipse (which anything can).

If you had the choice, which would you get?

Aspire One (I have one). Just upgrade the memory to 2GB and get the six cell battery. It's a great little netbook. I have zero experience with the HP netbook, but I have had to deal with their laptops in the past and let's just say that I was far from impressed.

I'd go with HP, we've had both at work and I was more impressed with the quality of the HP over the Acer.

I'm impressed with HP's full sized notebooks, but I haven't heard too much good about their smaller stuff. I've heard good stuff about the acer.

I've voted for the HP since 01001010 didn't vote but right now It's tied. I've done some repairs on the Acer and it's pain but that's rare. I've never heard anything (good or bad) about the HPs so...

What are the specs of your acer? and was it/would it be easy to upgrade the memory?

I'd say go with hp.
The acer aspire one I owned only supported 1.5gb of ram..
After about 5-10 uses the number "2" button completely stopped working(I punched a dent in the keyboard trying to get it to work) and thats horrible if you want to try to get on your email!

I have an acer with a 1.6Ghz single core, 1 Gb Ram, 120 gb HDD, and a 8.9 inch screen. The only issue I had was I let the battery die for 2 weeks while I was on vacation, it stoped booting but a simple update of the BIOS and it started working again, never had any issues with it before.

Back
Top Bottom