AS SSD/HDD Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juts out of interest i decided to run AS SSD for the first time since i got the drive. It's had Windows 7 installed twice on it, been used and abused and is pretty much always over 90percent full. I am constantly putting and removing pictures on it, installing small apps temporarily etc. Just like any PC nerd would with a HDD. Only now do i recall reading all the threads which state SSD's are best to just have your OS on and key applications and then left well alone. Far from what i have done.

But i am fairly happy with my new score, i'm not going to post a picture because it's too much effort.

Sequential read: 198mb/s
Sequential write: 66mb/s
4K Write: 19.04mb/s
4K Read: 52.07mb/s
4K-64 Read: 101.17mb/s
4K-64 Write: 61.66mb/s
Acc.time: 0.203ms 0.259ms

Score 333.

A drop of 50. Not bad ! I imagine if i do a total drive reset and wipe (not just a format) that i could get it back up pretty close to it's original value. So it seems SSD's are tougher to abuse than most people had made out. People acted asif it was the end of the world if you treated it like a HDD.

Your SSD has the SandForce controller and it's recommended not to run this benchmark with a SandForce based SSD.

Do you have any evidence to back that up?

I know we have been through this before but since I just got my second Sandforce drive in I figured it at least warranted taking another look at things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom