As Browser Wars Go … The Winner Is …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
As Browser Wars Go … The Winner Is …

The browser wars among Microsoft, Mozilla, Apple, Google continue. The recent agreement between Microsoft and the European Union allow other browser companies to get a foothold in the European Market. No longer can Microsoft tie the Internet Explorer to the OS and deny other browsers the ability to be installed and operate.
InternetExplorer84-200x200.png
Internet Explorer 8

According to StatCounter Global Stats, Firefox 3.5 was the most popular browser in the world in the week between 14 and 20 December, 2009 based on their findings. Assuredly Internet Explorer is still on top of rivals in the browser wars, but Firefox is gaining grounds rapidly.
Firefox-3-5-Bests-IE8-IE7-IE6-as-Most-Popular-Browser-Worldwide-3-400x253.jpg
Firefox-3.5 Bests IE8-IE7-IE6 as the Most Popular Browser Worldwide

StatCounter Global Stats indicates that
  • Firefox has 21.93% of users
  • Internet Explorer 7 has 21.2%,
  • IE8 has 20.33%,
  • IE6 has 3.89%, followed by
  • Firefox has 3.0 9%,
  • Google Chrome has 3.0 4.86%,
  • Safari 4 has 3.03%
  • Opera has 1.46%.
Mozilla-400x102.png
Mozilla

However, according to another company, Net Applications, all current versions of Internet Explorer continue to account for usage shares larger than Firefox.

Might be compat issues, prolly sitting there waiting to be downloaded, dont want to change, dont even know about it.....

IE8 kills my wife's computer. Athlon 2000+, XP. Install IE8 and it can hardly move, go back to IE7 and everything is hunky-dory. Besides, she uses Firefox anyway.

I have firefox, IE 8, Chrome, and Safari all installed on my netbook. :D Dell mini 10v.
I normally use safari because it doesn't crash as much and has the "bookmark bar" so less clicking with this lame touchpad to get to my websites. On my desktop, IE8 is the winner simply because i am too lazy to download any other browser.

**confused**

combine different versions of IE and Firefox then IE > Firefox; right?

regarding people not upgrading, some people don't like change. they learn a system and it works for them. They don't want to re-learn a new system.

^ Definitely understandable. There are TONS of people out there who just don't have the time to keep up with tech and just like what is familiar. The problem with that is those are the people who get preyed on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom