Arrrrggghhh, Video Card

Jared1

Solid State Member
Well recently i decided to get a new video card, so i went to the store and picked up a PNY Geforce FX 5200 AGP 64MB DDR video card. I brought it home and put in the installation software. The problem is this everytime i go to install it it gets to 55% then stops and says "Windows cannot load the installer for display". It finishes installing then asks me to restart. I restart the computer it come ups and before it loads xp its says the video card name and all like it reconizes it. When i get to the main part it didnt even install and it doesnt even reconize it. So i tried to put my old 16mb video card back in temporaraly so that i could at least still play games. I got to install the old one and the same thing happens. It wont take the new one and i cant get the old one back either. If anyone know how to fix this please let me know, thanks.

dont use the drivers on the cd.. download them off nvidias site

I tried that but it still said the same thing except at 2% this time. Unless I download the wrong one, which i dont think i did. I guess i could try again since i dont have anything better to do.

I think i know the problem.
go to control panel>add remove programs>change or remove programs. then remove BOTH drives, then install the new driver.

ps. from this point on you will always know to remove the driver before putting a new one in.

does this help

I already got rid of the two drives from there. Now there gone from add/remove but it still wont work.

maybe go to control panel>system>hardware>device manager: and delete the video cards there then try again.

did this help?

There both gone but im not in 640x480 16 color.
-------
How do you get rid of the video card through the device manager?

Back
Top Bottom