Around $5000 to spend on a new car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeep cherokee or grand cherokee. Great family rigs I6 i reliable in the cherokee. V6 reliable in grands. Good gas milage great off road. parts are cheap. cheap to lift and amazing low end torque. Love mine 100%

You can keep it, then. I can't stand Jeeps (except for the Wrangler and such). Like a metal box on an oxcart to me. I'll keep our Expedition.

Jeep cherokee or grand cherokee. Great family rigs I6 i reliable in the cherokee. V6 reliable in grands. Good gas milage great off road. parts are cheap. cheap to lift and amazing low end torque. Love mine 100%

My Cherokee gets about 16 MPG. Not exactly economical, but it gets me where I want to go. And some places I shouldn't.

Take a look at Saabs. They're better than you think.

1997 SAAB 50K MILES ONLY MUST SELL DO NOT FLAG!!!

Something like this would be great. They get pretty good gas mileage ~30mpg, the interiors are great, and they usually come with a lot of extras that are usually expensive options on other cars. (Sunroof, heated seats, carputer for Distance to empty, fuel consumption, and outside temp.

I drive a 1998 of the same model and it's a fun car to drive. It's got plenty of room, and with the hatchback it's very practical.

Unfortunately it's just one of those cars you either love or you hate and suffice to say they're unique...

But a Turbo 4 puts out a good 160-165 hp and the N/A 2.3L gives you a respectable 150.

I checked all local areas, but no vehicles, except bucket trucks. While that WOULD BE VERY FUN, I don't think my girlfriend would approve. :cry:

My mother had a Cherokee Sport, and I loved driving it when I could. I have thought about a couple local Sports. There was one I wouldn't even have to touch, and it already had most of the modifications I would want for the first year or so (break in time).

You can keep it, then. I can't stand Jeeps (except for the Wrangler and such). Like a metal box on an oxcart to me. I'll keep our Expedition.

While I do like the Expedition, I would rather get something bigger from FORD. I had an '04 F350, but had to return it (couldn't make the payments once I lost my job). If I can find an Excursion, that was cheap enough, I wouldn't need this thread. :thumbsup: Absolutely amazing trucks, and one of the only Ford's that stick by there motto, Built Ford Tough.

Take a look at Saabs. They're better than you think.

1997 SAAB 50K MILES ONLY MUST SELL DO NOT FLAG!!!

Something like this would be great. They get pretty good gas mileage ~30mpg, the interiors are great, and they usually come with a lot of extras that are usually expensive options on other cars. (Sunroof, heated seats, carputer for Distance to empty, fuel consumption, and outside temp.

I drive a 1998 of the same model and it's a fun car to drive. It's got plenty of room, and with the hatchback it's very practical.

Unfortunately it's just one of those cars you either love or you hate and suffice to say they're unique...

But a Turbo 4 puts out a good 160-165 hp and the N/A 2.3L gives you a respectable 150.

I do like Saabs. The 9000 (Second Gen) reminds me of the third Gen Jettas, which I would rather have, due to a diesel engine. I would love to have a TDI Jetta. If I could find a later model third gen, I could buy it, as they should be right in my price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom