Armed Forces Veteran badge

Brookfield

Golden Master
I received an email this morning from Service Personnel & Veterans Agency [UK] that I am to recieve this badge.
It came as a shock, I was in the RAF 57 years ago, doing my National Service, it isn't a medal, it's a lapel badge, that would have been embarrassing as I didn't fire a weapon for any reason, but carried a .38 sidearm as a part of my police duties, I can't see why they are doing this, I suppose I should be proud, but it just doesn't seem right, perhaps the email came today because in their records, they'd know that it is my birthday today, I just don't know.

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your B-Day! CONGRATS!!!

Believe it or not its an honor for me to be the first one to Congratulate the Great Brookfield :D I been visiting this forum almost every single day now for almost a year. I don't do lots of posting, only when I have something relevant to say, but I can see everything that is going on, and I know who is who. Well enough of my stupid rambling & CONGRATS again on ur B-Day !!!

And about the badge that you received, well just think that you must had done something right in the past to receive it.

Cheers m8

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your B-Day! CONGRATS!!!

Believe it or not its an honor for me to be the first one to Congratulate the Great Brookfield :D I been visiting this forum almost every single day now for almost a year. I don't do lots of posting, only when I have something relevant to say, but I can see everything that is going on, and I know who is who. Well enough of my stupid rambling & CONGRATS again on your B-Day !!!

And about the badge that you received, well just think that you must had done something right in the past to receive it.

Cheers m8
That's very kind, thanks.

happy birthday and congrats on the badge

hope you dont mind my asking but what duties did you carry out during the war

happy birthday and congrats on the badge

hope you dont mind my asking but what duties did you carry out during the war
I wasn't old enough to be in the war, I was 14 in 1945 as the war ended, I was in the R.A.F. in 1949.

Back
Top Bottom