Area 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I made the mistake of picking up this game today. The graphics are like REALLY bad, you can easily tell it was directly ported from Playstation 2. The graphics are comparable to HL1....VERY low res. Its sad that something like this would be put out in this day and age. The gameplay is mediocre too...it would be better if the story was more clear, but its really just an average shooter where you shoot aliens. Not even as intriguing as Doom 3....at least Doom 3 had good graphics, lighting, and atmosphere.. ..if you were thinking about getting this game, don't. Its a waste of money. Battlefield 2 will be SO much better.

Thanks for sharing that. Wasnt planning on getting it, but even so.

the only reason i played to the end of doom 3 was for story and whole martian civiliztion thing

Area 51 on a console is probably like Halo on a console. Console players think its great, but PC gamers see it as wash, rinse, and repeat.

lol . u know it . . ppl made such a big deal about halo and halo2 . . dont get me wrong there good games but the gameplay is way to slow 4 me . . i like to play faster games like cs and instagib ctf in ut2k4 . . i really havent found to manny good consle games . . i perfer pc game b/c u can go searchin and d/l patches and stuff that makes the game more interesting , and for a consel u need to buy all that shit b4 u can even look if they put in an update patch . so as u can c pc games PWN!!

I think when they port a game from console to PC....they should do a little work on it to take advantage of the extra graphical effects that you have on PC that you don't have on the 5-year old Playstation 2. Chronicles of Rid**** and Knights of the Old Republic are two examples of console ports-to-PC done right. Area 51 was taken directly from Playstation 2 and the PC version is identical to the PS2 version, all in its Year-2000 glory. This is not what PC gamers are looking for.

Kotor wasn't at all a graphically intense game, it didn't need to be ridiculously graphic.....and of course the story was just overall good, but that wouldn't be changed being ported or not......trying to make an impressive 'crazy looking' FPS game is entirely different from what kotor was, so I don't even consider that a valid comparison.

I'm going to still wind up checking out area51 sometime in the future and make my own assumption of it.

Just read reviews of it. I always read reviews of a game before I buy, that way, I prevent myself from making impulsive decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom