Are you racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comments about illegals were not intended to show racism, but my personal feelings on the topic.

Actually, "race" is a misnomer. All humans are the same inside. Out skin and features may be different, but a heart from a black man would work in the chest of a yellow man if he needed a transplant, and the same goes for any other.

Culture, however, as Harper and Chris have pointed out, is taken very differently. Here in the US, we have all these people coming in who refuse to be a part of America and, instead, want to try to make America become just like their homeland. I think Teddy Roosevelt said is quite well:
In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all! We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

I do not hate anyone for coming here, but I despise those who come here illegally, and then demand that we make exceptions for them in everything. If I moved to France, I would have to learn French (spoken and written) to make it. I would also have to come legally or I would be expelled. I could maintain my American citizenship, but it would mean that I would not become a French citizen.

Trotter you are right, not accepting the culture or the nation you decide to live in is a major factor. Every day in england Muslims cut them self's off from British society and culture. Only last year there was talks of not having a nativity seen out side a church that was near a bus rout that many Muslims used to travel to and from a area that many of them live in because it might offend them.

Trotter you are right, not accepting the culture or the nation you decide to live in is a major factor. Every day in england Muslims cut them self's off from British society and culture. Only last year there was talks of not having a nativity seen out side a church that was near a bus rout that many Muslims used to travel to and from a area that many of them live in because it might offend them.

this is wat really ticks me off about immigrants (some) ;)

They immigrate to other countries and expect laws and such to be "bended" for them. They should have put a nativity outside the church! England has a christian majority and it shouldnt offend Muslims coz they knowingly moved there!

most likely. it can stay as long as people use some common sense though.

remember that Islam is a religion not a race, stereotyping them as being from a particular region is like saying all Americans are scientologists.

lol.... its become hate flaming thread.... but the world is full of stereotypes.... but thats life for u.....

We got the same problem down here.

We got that idiot Muslim cleric, Sheik Taj Din Al Hilaly that seems to open his mouth about what he thinks about Women and the Australian way of life.
Read what Sheik Hilaly has said - Muslim leader blames women for sex attacks

Like every one attitude, include other muslims, have been STFU.
Last time I checked, I think they are trying to empeach this clown because he's just a public embarrassment.

this thread is a breeding ground for hate
Yeah, and it has not been locked yet.

I have heard about him on the BBC last year, he is the Australasian Abu Hansa.

We got the same problem down here.

We got that idiot Muslim cleric, Sheik Taj Din Al Hilaly that seems to open his mouth about what he thinks about Women and the Australian way of life.
Read what Sheik Hilaly has said - Muslim leader blames women for sex attacks

Like every one attitude, include other muslims, have been STFU.
Last time I checked, I think they are trying to empeach this clown because he's just a public embarrassment.

Yeah, and it has not been locked yet.
Hopefully it won't have to be.

Anyway, I think it was Nitestick that said respect is a two way street. I agree.

I don't hate people for their race, or religion, etc. I do respect that people are different. That's just how life is. Even though I don't agree with religious views that people hold. Or even though I might not be of the same arbitrarily defined race.
It is only unfortunate that sometimes, you don't get that same respect back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom