Are you overweight?

What's your BMI?

• BMI below 19: Underweight (you should gain weight!)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • BMI: 19 - 26: Healthy

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • BMI: 27 - 30: Overweight (increased mortality)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • BMI above 30: Obese (significantly increased mortality)

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

krazyq

krazy Techie
So...
I just thought I'd check mine and my co workers and I thought to my self, lets find out how healthy/unhealthy us "geeks" can be!

You have to enter your weight and height and you get your bmi
I thought I would try a poll for this.

I'm borderline healthy!
Your BMI is: 23.64 :eek:

BMI test - Calculate your Body Mass Index

I actually need to lose some poundage. My weight is fine, but I feel exceptionally unhealthy. Changed my diet up a bit around Christmas, but just changed it big time last week. I already feel the changes.

So...
I just thought I'd check mine and my co workers and I thought to my self, lets find out how healthy/unhealthy us "geeks" can be!

You have to enter your weight and height and you get your bmi
I thought I would try a poll for this.

I'm borderline healthy!
Your BMI is: 23.64 :eek:

BMI test - Calculate your Body Mass Index

BMI is the worst way to determine if you are overweight to be honest. It doesn't factor in muscle mass or bone density. The best way to get a true measurement of body fat is through hydrostatic weighing. Here is the thing though, you don't need a test to determine if you are overweight. That is half the problem with the the US. People need a number to tell them if they need to lose weight when they look in the mirror every morning knowing it.

BMI is the worst way to determine if you are overweight to be honest. It doesn't factor in muscle mass or bone density. The best way to get a true measurement of body fat is through hydrostatic weighing. Here is the thing though, you don't need a test to determine if you are overweight. That is half the problem with the the US. People need a number to tell them if they need to lose weight when they look in the mirror every morning knowing it.

thanks for taking the fun out of this...

so are you overweight? hah

I'm just bored at work, can't use my phone atm so thought I'd do something.
I know this isn't the best way however it should give you a basic idea

thanks for taking the fun out of this...

so are you overweight? hah

I'm just bored at work, can't use my phone atm so thought I'd do something.
I know this isn't the best way however it should give you a basic idea

Actually, based on BMI I am borderline obese. I'm 6 feet 205.

my co worker is around the same, 200 and 6'2

I'm addicted to chocolates (NOT CANDY, PP)
European chocolates to be accurate

I know you were just messing around with this thread. BMI just is a crap method of measuring health and it ****es me off that the CDC uses it. Height and weight tell you nothing. Like I said, I am 6' 205, but my body fat is 15-16%. (Well, in the Summer anyway lol. )That is not obese or in bad shape by any means.

Same difference, you're in the US brah. Candy and chocolates are determined as a form of sweet. Blanket definition.

Anywho, myself in particular I just felt really unhealthy. Extra tired from work, weird pains, worse headaches, dark urine. I had dropped pretty much all fast food last summer, but now it's all fast food. I eat salads and Asian food here at work exclusively. I completely cut out Smarties which are my crack. I also ditched soda and pretty much all sugary drinks. I hate water but I now drink water all day at work and stopped drinking coffee here too. Only time I drink coffee is one cup at home before work.

I went from barely getting out of bed to being able to snap right up with the same hours of sleep. I don't feel so exhausted walking around everywhere taking care of tickets. Urine went back to being clear or very light yellow. I do get pretty tired around lunch though.

Same difference, you're in the US brah. Candy and chocolates are determined as a form of sweet. Blanket definition.

Anywho, myself in particular I just felt really unhealthy. Extra tired from work, weird pains, worse headaches, dark urine. I had dropped pretty much all fast food last summer, but now it's all fast food. I eat salads and Asian food here at work exclusively. I completely cut out Smarties which are my crack. I also ditched soda and pretty much all sugary drinks. I hate water but I now drink water all day at work and stopped drinking coffee here too. Only time I drink coffee is one cup at home before work.

I went from barely getting out of bed to being able to snap right up with the same hours of sleep. I don't feel so exhausted walking around everywhere taking care of tickets. Urine went back to being clear or very light yellow. I do get pretty tired around lunch though.

Do you sleep a good amount?

Also:

I can imagine sitting behind a desk or standing in one general area all day as unhealthy. My job is fast paced moving a lot of heavy stuff, and since it is a grocery company I get free food at corp location (my main location) which is always healthy because the women in the office like that stuff and now I'm starting to as well lol.

As for non-IT people, any job that requires you to sit all day at a desk with a one hour lunch break is unhealthy too. And most people don't work at a corporate location for a grocery store company lol

I got lucky with this one

That's pretty good man, I start drinking soda once it gets warm here (if ever)
I never used to like water when I was young however I started forcing myself and got my self to like it, that was years ago so I'm glad I got the hang of that good habit.

We used to eat so much crap when we had our store, since my wife used to come with and there were no healthy choices around it.
It was pretty bad, we think about it now and feel like puking!

We (I) eat fast food probably once a month (all thanks to the wifey cooking)
My body has been pretty tired lately, I've been struggling getting out of bed.
I feel brain dead (probably more to do with my job) I need to post about it later to get some advice from you guys, I think since I'm doing nothing, I might start that thread now...

Back
Top Bottom